Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of the blue, my airbag light came on on the dash. I am able to start the car, but what's weird is that my dash lights do not come on. So the engine is on, I can hear it running, but my rpms, gear, nor speed will display. The lights are completely off. My radio and clock in the center dash come on, but I cannot switch gears or drive to AutoZone to get the code scanned.

Any suggestions on where to start troubleshooting so I can at least drive it to AutoZone, and should I take it to a dealership even if I reset the SRS?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Start by flipping the storage switch on the I/P module a few times..

We didnt happen to have dead battery and jump the battery backward did we ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Start by flipping the storage switch on the I/P module a few times..

We didnt happen to have dead battery and jump the battery backward did we ?
I didn't have a dead battery, but I did jump someone else's car 2 days before the light came on. But it definitely wasn't jumped backwards.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Might be the "clockspring" thingee located on the steering wheel column. Seems like all electrical go to this wondrous piece of ingenuity(sarc) and can be the source of many problems. Hyundai replaced under recall a bunch of them which failed. I had mine replaced due to a continuous airbag light staying on. Found out about the recall when I took my '11 Elantra to the dealer to have them check it out. Don't know what to tell ya about getting the car to the dealer. Good luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ugh. I don't know what happened, but it started magically working the next day, and I took it into the dealer to get all the recalls fixed (just 3). I told them about the issue and they said they couldn't diagnose unless the light came back on... which is great because if it ever comes back on and does the thing again, I am stranded.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Ugh. I don't know what happened, but it started magically working the next day, and I took it into the dealer to get all the recalls fixed (just 3). I told them about the issue and they said they couldn't diagnose unless the light came back on... which is great because if it ever comes back on and does the thing again, I am stranded.
Dont need a light to scan,,,, total foolishness... I can scan a car anytime I want,, if light was on at 1 time, there will - should be DTC stored in module' memory for somebody to find,, until they manually erase it

If I scan and there is no codes, it'll come back "NO ERROR FOUND"... now scan it and see if you find anything.. scan SRSCM and OCS/WCS system,, but in all respect, they plugged into DLC with GDS,, DO A COMPLETE FAULT CODE SEARCH OF ALL ONBOARD MODULES..... Tell them you want a print of the complete search,, they free to print as many as they like..

Print this and hand it to the dealer service "tool"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts