Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Sonata Sport 2.4L GDI
403 Posts
I have spoke to them over phone. I have an appointment with them next week.
I think the powertrain warranty is still there, but I am not sure whether that covers airbags and traction control.
How many miles are on your car?

The Powertrain Warranty for Hyundai does not cover Airbags and Traction Control. I also believe that it is only valid for the original owner.

A few things come to mind with this problem. A combination of the Airbag and Traction Control light on at the same time is odd. Perhaps a wiring harness problem, maybe some wires went bad or were chewed up by a critter. Or maybe the ECM is starting to go bad.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Glad to hear that you are under 60,000 miles. If you are in the United States and under 5 years of ownership, this repair should be covered under your bumper to bumper warranty provided that you have no damage caused by external factors.

·
Registered
403 Posts
This problem is related to the Electronic Stability Control. It could be that either the Yaw Rate and Lateral G sensor is faulty or there is a CAN communication line problem from the hydraulic electronic control unit being faulty. This should be covered under the bumper to bumper warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.