Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am from USA.

My Sonata 2017 has it's Airbag and Traction Control lights on.
Used "Micro Mechanic" OBDII reader, but didn't get any error codes.
Local dealer says, that they will check for issues, but can't say if
the issue is under warranty unless they open stuff up. If no warranty,
then they will charge ~100 USD just for diagnostics.

What are my options ? I would really appreciate any pointers.

Thanks

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've never had a dealer mention diagnosis fee's when bringing a car in for a warranty concern, unless the dealer has some reason to believe that some outside damage caused the issue.

Have you been to the dealer yet or did you call them? Is the car still under the original factory warranty? If the car is under warranty, then there should be no reason not to go to a dealer.
I have spoke to them over phone. I have an appointment with them next week.
I think the powertrain warranty is still there, but I am not sure whether that covers airbags and traction control.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How many miles are on your car?

The Powertrain Warranty for Hyundai does not cover Airbags and Traction Control. I also believe that it is only valid for the original owner.

A few things come to mind with this problem. A combination of the Airbag and Traction Control light on at the same time is odd. Perhaps a wiring harness problem, maybe some wires went bad or were chewed up by a critter. Or maybe the ECM is starting to go bad.
54000 miles

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
UPDATE:
The OCC sensor (Occupant sensor under passenger seat, Part# 88952C2500) was faulty.
It was replaced under warranty. I wasn't charged anything, not even for labor.

On a side note, the front passenger window switch was also faulty (since before issue with air bag started).
It was also replaced free of cost.

I was told that without warranty, parts, diagnosis and labor charges would have cost me around $600.

Thanks a lot everyone for all the helpful insights. Best of luck to all Hyundai owners.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.