Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody
I am brand new in here. Any help will be very much appreciated.
I just bought a 2nd hand 2008 santa fe 2.2 diesel automatic with 40000 km.
Quite in good shape and I just began to love it.
It has got the three knob a/c type control panel for ventilation.
I am worried because the air flow control switch, and the air intake control switch led indicators are staying on all the time, even if the fan controlling switch is off.
So one of the four positions of the flow control and one of the two positions of the intake control leds stay allways on, whenever the engine is on. No way to switch them off.
Nevertheless when fan is on and a/c on seems to function normally.
Is this normal operation??
If not what should I do.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whether it is normal or not, if it does not cause any REAL problem, you probably should just ignore it.

P.S. Cars built for the US market are required to keep the fan on low-low even when "off" as a safety feature.

Thank you man.
Actually it does not seem to cause a real problem.
I live in Albania, therefore it should be for the european market not US model.
Anyway, the fan is off but when the air intake control swith is on fresh mode it seems to let air in passively in the port determined by the flow control switch.
It is not a big deal when you switch to recirculation mode, but still those panel leds staying on all the time even when all a/c and ventilation system is off got me upset.
Thank you again and sorry for the indecent rookie questions I might ask time after time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's normal in any car - there's an increase in air pressure at the fresh air intakes caused by forward motion.
Yes I am familiar with the phenomenon. it is the same with my other vehicle 3rd gen vw golf.
But what worries me is that the led indicators over the buttons stay on all the time, as if it was working even when the fan controlling switch is at position "0" and the whole system should normally shut down.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi everybody
I am brand new in here. Any help will be very much appreciated.
I just bought a 2nd hand 2008 santa fe 2.2 diesel automatic with 40000 km.
Quite in good shape and I just began to love it.
It has got the three knob a/c type control panel for ventilation.
I am worried because the air flow control switch, and the air intake control switch led indicators are staying on all the time, even if the fan controlling switch is off.
So one of the four positions of the flow control and one of the two positions of the intake control leds stay allways on, whenever the engine is on. No way to switch them off.
Nevertheless when fan is on and a/c on seems to function normally.
Is this normal operation??
If not what should I do.

Thank you in advance.

Any other suggestions guys??!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You don't like the answers you got so far ?? ;)

Visit a Hyundai dealer.....if there is one close by.

Yes I agree with your previous answer, that if it is not a real problem, I would better forget it.
But I am not sure if it is a problem or not because the fan might be working non-stop and might not be able to sense it.
I visited the local dealer but I got nonsense irrelevant answers, as if "if it was like that from yhe begining it is considered normal" etc.
Anyway thanks again and sorry if bothering.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And part of my previous answer WAS that the fan probably IS supposed to run non-stop, at a very low speed......which would be hard to detect. :)
I hope you are right, because in that case it would be normal operation.
I am trying to get together with guys that bought same car with similar options, and ask their normal a/c operation. And I think it will be the definitive answer.
Thank you again. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After long investigation I found you are right.
Thanks easy rider. accept my humble gratittude.
In a previous models user manual, It is stated that when the air flow control is switched off. the air intake control automatically is switched from whichever position to fresh mode.
And surely it os inferred that the port stays open all the time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts