Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, the switch that makes the air blow at your feet, your face, or on the windshield doesn't work. i checked all the fuses and they're fine. any suggestions?

·
Registered
448 Posts
QUOTE (shui3000 @ Apr 28 2010, 09:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317773
so, the switch that makes the air blow at your feet, your face, or on the windshield doesn't work. i checked all the fuses and they're fine. any suggestions?
Quite a few vehicles use vacuum to position the flappers in the plenum to direct the air and the get the air mixture proper. If you've done any under-dash work, you may have dislodged one or more vacuum hoses from the vacuum switches or solenoids.

·
Registered
448 Posts
QUOTE (shui3000 @ May 1 2010, 02:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=318546
i haven't gone under the dash at all. any other suggestions?
I'm wondering why you wouldn't approach this problem by doing some basic research on your own - how else would you know whether a suggestion would have any validity?

In your position, I would look under the dash, I would look at some manuals, I would look at the information on the Hyundai site or anything else that would make me knowledgeable on how that particular system works.

There's a thread on this forum that has a lot of links to Accent manuals, I've found them very useful to get me on the right track for problems & questions relating to my daughter's car.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Accent is cable operated,, pull the center dash out for a radio swap ??

Stick your head under the driver side dash panel and look at the HVAC box there..

You will see a yellow cable I think and a black or grey cable,,,, teh outer jacket is clipped into a metal holder on the box, and the '"O" shaped wire end should be attched to a plastic pin on the box' linkage...

Once in a while somebody wil get something up there (bagage, foot/shoe) and kick the cables out of place... that or not knowing how to properly remove the center dash panel when install replacement radio..

Have a look and report back, maybe take pics and post.

·
Registered
546 Posts
QUOTE (sbr711 @ May 1 2010, 09:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=318662
Accent is cable operated,, pull the center dash out for a radio swap ??

Stick your head under the driver side dash panel and look at the HVAC box there..

You will see a yellow cable I think and a black or grey cable,,,, teh outer jacket is clipped into a metal holder on the box, and the '"O" shaped wire end should be attched to a plastic pin on the box' linkage...

Once in a while somebody wil get something up there (bagage, foot/shoe) and kick the cables out of place... that or not knowing how to properly remove the center dash panel when install replacement radio..

Have a look and report back, maybe take pics and post.
+1
It's not a vacuum system. It's cable opeated. Your problem could be at the switch. Do you feel the detentes when you turn the dial?

·
Registered
546 Posts
QUOTE (Alfons @ May 1 2010, 07:29 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=318639
I'm wondering why you wouldn't approach this problem by doing some basic research on your own - how else would you know whether a suggestion would have any validity?

In your position, I would look under the dash, I would look at some manuals, I would look at the information on the Hyundai site or anything else that would make me knowledgeable on how that particular system works.

There's a thread on this forum that has a lot of links to Accent manuals, I've found them very useful to get me on the right track for problems & questions relating to my daughter's car.
Maybe? They are here looking for people knowledgeable about there vehicle. And that would save them valuable research time. The Hyundai service manuals are difficult(at best) to navigate. If someone had a valid idea...that would save hours.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow alfons, way to be a douche. thanks for your wonderful insightful help...

to everyone else who replied, without sarcasm, thank you for your help. i just bought this car for my girlfriend and i've replaced the windshield washer pump, rear hatchback lift supports, tires, spark plugs, and cleaned the intake and injectors with seafoam. there is an aftermarket head unit, so i'm assuming they may have disconnected a cable.

I have used the manuals, including the ones on hmaservice. I could not find the information anywhere, which is why I'm asking on the forum. I will take a look under the driver side panel. Thanks.

·
Registered
448 Posts
QUOTE (shui3000 @ May 3 2010, 11:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=319283
ok, i looked, and the cable doesn't move when i turn the dial. how do i remove the dash?
Like I said, a little research can go a long way. Here are a couple of manual sections courtesy of your favorite "douche".

When you move the dial, can you see if the cable is attached or do you know if the cable is seized? If the cable is seized, you can try penetrating oil but I would consider replacing it.

As to how much you need to replace, you should check with a dealer to see what replacement components are available and their cost - the answer to this will probably drive you to an auto salvage yard for the cables and control panel. You may need to remove the dash (crash pad in the manual) from 2 cars, yours and one at a salvage yard.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts