Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ,I have a 2013 Tuscon with 97k miles on it. I am being told that the air intake manifold needs to be replaced and dealer can't ell me if its covered under power train unless they do daig. Would anybody know if this part would be covered?

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Sounds like either the manifold or the electronics is not covered. They determined the manifold was bad? If so, they should know.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,710 Posts
Would anybody know if this part would be covered?
If the dealer doesn't even know then there is no way anyone on a forum can possibly know.

Whether it is covered or not will depend on the nature of the defect that they find during the diagnosis. But I'd love to know how they are able to tell you that the manifold needs to be replaced at this point when they haven't even done the diagnosis of the fault yet.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If the dealer doesn't even know then there is no way anyone on a forum can possibly know.

Whether it is covered or not will depend on the nature of the defect that they find during the diagnosis. But I'd love to know how they are able to tell you that the manifold needs to be replaced at this point when they haven't even done the diagnosis of the fault yet.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated
I had 2 people get the code P200A ,one guy was a mechanic at hundia , but cant tell me if it is under warranty .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like either the manifold or the electronics is not covered. They determined the manifold was bad? If so, they should know.
No 2 of my friends are getting the code P200A. Hundai has to do their own diag to tell me .

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
That code does NOT mean the manifold is bad. You need to check the runner valve. First thing is to make sure it's free to move.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts