Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I am new here, having just bought a three year old getz cdx. I love the car, its much rooomier than it looks and has a comfortable 'big car' feel to it that also is another plus point, well thats enough of me telling you all of the things you already know, now to my problem!
Everything works perfectly on my car.....except........dont laugh, i know this sounds trivial, but its annoying me, The Air conditioning switch has a light that is supposed to be lit when the air con is on, except i think the bulb in my switch (or maybe its built into the switch?) isnt working.
Any ideas how i access this bulb or indeed just get the switch out?
The car is immaculate so i dont want to go in there, scratching and daging the facia/dashboard with a srewdriver in hand and no knowledge in brain!
Thanks
greyhound

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have had the same thing happen to me 3 times now in my 02 getz.
If you remove the centre peice of the console (where the radio is) the whole switch assembly just clips out (you may even be able to remove the switch without taking out the console if you take out the glove box and have small hands :)).
Once you have the swtich out there are two little plastic 'round things' with a phillips head grove in them (in my getz one is black and one is grey). These plastic bits are the holders for the bulbs, unscrew these (they will only go about 1/3 of a turn) and use a small flat head screwdriver to gently pop them out.
Once you have the holders out you will be able to see the tiny incandescent globes.
I bought new bulbs from my local electronic store and used the existing holders.

If you are electronically minded i would recommend replacing with LEDs as i have had to replace this particular bulb quite a number of times.

Hope this Helps :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
QUOTE (Barnzey @ May 18 2010, 10:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=323935
I have had the same thing happen to me 3 times now in my 02 getz.
If you remove the centre peice of the console (where the radio is) the whole switch assembly just clips out (you may even be able to remove the switch without taking out the console if you take out the glove box and have small hands :)).
Once you have the swtich out there are two little plastic 'round things' with a phillips head grove in them (in my getz one is black and one is grey). These plastic bits are the holders for the bulbs, unscrew these (they will only go about 1/3 of a turn) and use a small flat head screwdriver to gently pop them out.
Once you have the holders out you will be able to see the tiny incandescent globes.
I bought new bulbs from my local electronic store and used the existing holders.

If you are electronically minded i would recommend replacing with LEDs as i have had to replace this particular bulb quite a number of times.

Hope this Helps :)
Thanks for that info. I was able to gain axcess to the back of the switch by removing the rubber bumpers on the glovebox and lowering it down. You need to depress two tabs on the side of the switch to alow it to be removed from the panel.I made up a tool to depress these tabs from a piece of scrap metal in the shape of a "U" to fit over the back of the switch and slide forward to depress the tabs.The switch can then be removed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts