Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone please tell me where the air conditioning filter is on a 96 Lantra 1.8 CD. When I run the air con' there is a smell of damp and stale cigarrettes. The guy who I got the car from was a very heavy smoker and I assume that his smoke has saturated the filter. I cant find a manual for the car. Haynes say they didnt print one because there wasnt enough lantra's produced, so I am stuck when it comes to finding things on the car.

Any advice would be most welcome. Thankyou in advance for anyone who can help.

GW

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Originally posted by Granville Wallwork@Dec 3 2004, 03:32 PM
Could anyone please tell me where the air conditioning filter is on a 96 Lantra 1.8 CD. When I run the air con' there is a smell of damp and stale cigarrettes. The guy who I got the car from was a very heavy smoker and I assume that his smoke has saturated the filter. I cant find a manual for the car. Haynes say they didnt print one because there wasnt enough lantra's produced, so I am stuck when it comes to finding things on the car.

Any advice would be most welcome. Thankyou in advance for anyone who can help.

GW
[snapback]3284[/snapback]​

airduct filters were installed as from 1999, and the EF sonata was the first one.
set your vent system to recirc, blower to 3, and then spray some diinfecting cleaning agent into the blower intake (passenger side colse to the firewall). you will have to repeate it periodically.

·
Registered
57 Posts
yeap.. if im not mistaken... your lantra does not have a filter on it.

and if there is something like a filter, i dont think is replaceable, and should be inside the evaporator (the black box under the glovebox in the passenger side)...

the air is blown thru the cold lines of the evaporator... in here (if any) the filter is.

I dont believe this is a serviceable part.... but maybe.

You can try to remove the blower motor and check the smell over there... the other suggestion above of spraying a lysol type dissinfectant may work... but if there's smoke clogging.. would only cause a wet cigarrete smell (iuk).

good luck there...! tell us how it goes...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts