Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First Post. But Love this Forum

I do all the work on my cousins Sonata. its a 2000 and four cylinder.
One day air was cold, next it was hot hot hot. i let all the pressure out from the low side and refilled to appropriate pressure. The air was fantastic, for about a day, then it was warm, now back to HOT. Live in Florida so obviously with no refrigerant, the air gets pretty bad. Im hoping the inside of the valves leaked it out, and not an o ring somewhere hard to get to.

I know theres a leak, but I am unaware of how to check for A/C leaks,:confused: , other than to buy the Glow stuff and im guessing use a blacklight? However it needs done, i need the initial push in the right direction. Thanks A Bunch

Edit, forgot to mention, after the air got hot for the second time, after i had put R134a in it, the pressure is now back down to almost nothing. which i feel is the reason the low pressure cut off switch is making sure the compressor isnt doing anything, because when i start to put some in, the compressor starts up, then after it "leaks" out, the compressor shuts down and the clutch doesnt catch. Thanks again in adavance!

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
No gas, no go..

Have a pro look at it, as they have the equipment to inspect and service the system properly..

Leak that lost gas in same day should be rather obvious.. even with out dye

1 - 2 of 2 Posts