Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2011 Hyundai Accent that hasn' t had a lot of use in the past 3 months due to the quarantine and it has sat in the Florida heat, I drove it today after a long time and the air conditioner is blowing hot air after running it for about an hour. This car was bought used in January, so it's still relatively "new", my question is do I just run the air condition for awhile and drive my car around more to get it to work or do I have to see a mechanic?

·
Premium Member
2,172 Posts
If it ran hot after an hour then running it longer isn't going to fix things. Get it tested, many places offer free testing on the the A/C system.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
I second the opinion of Voivod! Have it checked. Could have lost the freon.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have a 2011 Hyundai Accent that hasn' t had a lot of use in the past 3 months due to the quarantine and it has sat in the Florida heat, I drove it today after a long time and the air conditioner is blowing hot air after running it for about an hour. This car was bought used in January, so it's still relatively "new", my question is do I just run the air condition for awhile and drive my car around more to get it to work or do I have to see a mechanic?
Just to make sure that the obvious wasn't overlooked--the A/C button is activated when you have the blower motor running, correct? If so, look at the A/C compressor while the engine is running and A/C is on and check that the A/C clutch is engaged.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts