Hyundai Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Anyone know how to tell if you have a VS16E or VS16N compressor?
I have been dealing with intermittent AC for a couple of years now (eventually I can always get it to kick in) and since they gave me a new engine Im going to try the valve replacement in compressor itself soon.
2011 2.4 250K

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have 5 ECO-AIR MWP-12AEN1-MJ5 units in a motel unit. The condenser coils are freezing solid and the units are noisy when they are in heat mode. I believe that the heat pump should shut off and only the heat strip should operate at outdoor temperatures below 4 degrees C. It seems that the heat pump is still running and the unit freezes up.
Sarkari Result Pnr Status 192.168.1.1

·
Registered
53 Posts
Anyone know how to tell if you have a VS16E or VS16N compressor?
I have been dealing with intermittent AC for a couple of years now (eventually I can always get it to kick in) and since they gave me a new engine I'm going to try the valve replacement in compressor itself soon.
2011 2.4 250K
I also have this problem on my 2012 Sonata and the real kicker is that it seems to happen more when it hot outside than when its cooler. A few months ago I replaced the control valve and installed a new drier but my car still has the same problem. Usually if I rev the engine to around 3000 rpm's it will kick in but it almost always kicks in when I start driving the car. After it kicks in the car is nice and cold.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I also have this problem on my 2012 Sonata and the real kicker is that it seems to happen more when it hot outside than when its cooler. A few months ago I replaced the control valve and installed a new drier but my car still has the same problem. Usually if I rev the engine to around 3000 rpm's it will kick in but it almost always kicks in when I start driving the car. After it kicks in the car is nice and cold.
My 2012 is doing this as well.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts