Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I just cracked 94,000 miles and I am only on my 4th year of ownership. By no means a record (others here are already past 100K) but a far cry from normal mileage.

Moral of the story: I shouldn't work in one state while living in another!

·
Registered
746 Posts
I read the owners manual and warranty book from cover to cover. After 12 months the warranty still covers components, the freon itself becomes an owners cost. All things considered it becomes a choice of each dealer as to wether they charge for the R134a or not. Lots of dealers don't but some do.

The one component that most times is rejected for warranty is the condenser. Most times when they leak is caused by stone/road debris dings.

A dealer can do a leak test and determine leak or part failure.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
746 Posts
My 2011 had only one problem with the a/c. Once in a while it would not blow cold and I had to turn the car off and back on. The more computers put into cars the more software contributes to problems.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hot in Boca

Sounds like a film title...

I'm going to go back to the dealer about the air conditioning. It's a brand-new 2014 sonata GLS and I shouldn't be having such problems with cooling already. I know the car cooled quickly when I first got it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine is going through the same issue. If I'm not moving the car blows hot air. Going down the road the cool air comes out.
I am having this exact same issue right now with the used Sonata that I recently purchased. I've had it looked at by a few people and they've decided that it is the evaporator sensor. It has malfunctioned which is not allowing the compressor to turn on and stay on. When you go faster, your rpm is high enough that the little amount of time it is on is enough to cool down the air.

It's a bit confusing - I don't fully understand it myself - but I'm taking mine in on Monday to get it fixed by Hyundai.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Lemme know how it goes. It doesn't always do it, just occasionally. I also noticed with eco on (yuck) my air is colder.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2006 Azera, Last week the driver side stopped blowing cold air. The passenger is doing great, so I am sure the compressor etc is working fine. I have tried all settings, dual, single, both, recirculate etc and nothing works. Any ideas?

·
Registered
4 Posts
another lemon with an AC flaw design. my 2015 sonata does the same thing. so far I read one other post. need to file a complaint with manufacturer. open a case. the more that complain the more they might do a recall and fix it. please pursue.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
I have a 2006 Azera, Last week the driver side stopped blowing cold air. The passenger is doing great, so I am sure the compressor etc is working fine. I have tried all settings, dual, single, both, recirculate etc and nothing works. Any ideas?
Sounds like a bad blend door actuator.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I have a 2012 sonata 2.0 limited and when the ac is working I get this loud noise from the engine and when I stop the ac the noise goes away..
Post a video of the noise

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had another car that had a bad ac pulley bearing that was really noisy when the AC was in-gauged but not when the AC was off. It didn't make sense because the pulley was turning all the time weather the compressor was on or off. When I replaced the bearing the noise stopped.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thank you guys for this topic. Once I had a case when my air conditioner gave out a temperature of more than 40 degrees Celsius. However, since then, I try to make orders that will not cost so much and the work will be better. A couple of years later I had another case and I started looking for good analogues to fix this problem, later on one of the forums found a site https://www.socool.sg/ which helped me keep the guarantee of investing money on my air conditioner.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts