Hyundai Forums banner
61 - 71 of 71 Posts
A/C issues

We have a 2012 Sonata. It's been back to the dealer in Folsom, CA for the 4th time now since I purchased. It's now, technically, out of warranty. They could never find an issue, even though we printed out the blog last time stating that multiple people had the same issue. The last time it was actually shutting off when it was 100 degrees. Let's just say that it was not a "nice" conversation last time we went to the service department. Again this year, we are continuing to have issues. My husband too it in, it doesn't shut off this time, just cycles down and then comes back on. It has a distinctive odor as well when it does it. After a day in the shop after it did this all day yesterday, they couldn't find any issues. That came from the service manager himself. I am very upset and disappointed. I have an elderly mother living with us and you can't let them sit in a car that is 90+ degrees inside or ride with the windows down when it's over 100 degrees.

I love the fact that you never find out that "everyone" knows about these kind of issues until after you have taken them back multiple times for the same issue that can't be found.

We have a 2012 Sonata. It's been back to the dealer in Folsom, CA for the 4th time now since I purchased. It's now, technically, out of warranty. They could never find an issue, even though we printed out the blog last time stating that multiple people had the same issue. The last time it was actually shutting off when it was 100 degrees. Let's just say that it was not a "nice" conversation last time we went to the service department. Again this year, we are continuing to have issues. My husband too it in, it doesn't shut off this time, just cycles down and then comes back on. It has a distinctive odor as well when it does it. After a day in the shop after it did this all day yesterday, they couldn't find any issues. That came from the service manager himself. I am very upset and disappointed. I have an elderly mother living with us and you can't let them sit in a car that is 90+ degrees inside or ride with the windows down when it's over 100 degrees.

I love the fact that you never find out that "everyone" knows about these kind of issues until after you have taken them back multiple times for the same issue that can't be found.
Try a different dealership.

ac 2011 sonata

today in Savannah ga dealership Just got a $430 expansion valve on my 2011 limited 2.0 turbo

I am 2nd owner - so nothing is covered --- this car need to be recalled ---- the whole thing

loudest car i have driven and i have cars from the 70's still in my heard

i bought tire based on road noise ratings and it is still horrible.

QUOTE (HarborGrey @ May 21 2011, 10:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=449052

huh? Ive owned 3 hyundais and none of them are "slow cooling".. i turned the ac on in my wifes 2008 santa fe today and it was pretty instant
My 2012 Elantra had instant cooling but that was about all that worked in that car. My replacement 2011 Hyundai Sonata Limited 2.0 Turbo will blow hot air with no signs of cooling until I put it in park and start driving. Once I've been driving for awhile it does get ice cold to the point that I turn the air way down. I'm on my way from Fort Wayne, Indiana to Naples, Florida this Thursday morning. I had an 05 Ford Five Hundred back in the day and the air compressor just froze or stopped, I have no idea!?!? I added refrigerant and that didn't help at all. Now I'm scared to take my newly purchased used Hyundai all the way for a 22 hour straight drive.

2008 Hyundai Veracruz ...sometimes A/C power (green lid ) not switch on.... especially during sunny days, if above 35 degree.
If parked under shades or night time... then it works automatically..
(All other above power related areas like radio etc. working without any issues..)
please advise.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.