Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Tucson and when I get in the car and start it the air con always comes on with the "air in your face" setting. I always set the air con to blow on my feet but for that to be effective it has to be on the maximum blow setting. When I get in the car and turn it on it nearly blows my face off. Is it possible to set the air con settings to specific settings and have them stay there or does the air con always start on the "blow your face off" setting regardless of where it has been set previously?

·
Registered
207 Posts
I mean... you could lower the vent(s) output (or shut it completely) using the dials under them...
I have mine set on auto on a sensible level (22C/71F when the temperature outside si about 27C/80F) and it does not bother me when I start the car. Then again, It does seem to remember my settings, at least fan speed, temperature and whether it's actually on or off (if I turn it off completely and come back later and start the car, it stays off). I can't say on the top of my head if it also remembers where to push the air (feet/face/top).

On another note, it's far more efficient to have cold air coming out the top (as it is heavier than hot air and will make its way down cooling the entire cabin) and hot air coming out at the feet (as it is lighter and will rise, again heating up the entire cabin). That's if you don't want it on Auto.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I have a 2017 Tucson and when I get in the car and start it the air con always comes on with the "air in your face" setting. I always set the air con to blow on my feet but for that to be effective it has to be on the maximum blow setting. When I get in the car and turn it on it nearly blows my face off. Is it possible to set the air con settings to specific settings and have them stay there or does the air con always start on the "blow your face off" setting regardless of where it has been set previously?
Do you have automatic climate control, or manual? If automatic, if it is hot in the vehicle, it is normal for it to come on in "air in your face" setting.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have automatic climate control, or manual? If automatic, if it is hot in the vehicle, it is normal for it to come on in "air in your face" setting.

Not sure to be honest it's all new to me. I have knobs to set the temperature and direction of air so I would think it's manual. I always have my air con on normally blowing on the windscreen.. Every car that I have had prior to this Tucson has kept that setting. Over here in UK where we have very little hot weather but do have an abundance of windscreen fogging weather so that is a useful setting for me. Unfortunately my Tucson will not stay on that setting. It isn't a huge deal, obviously it is easy to alter it but it is an inconvenience. I will bring it up with the dealer when it has it's first service.

The other thing that has come up is the Auto Stop setting. This I can turn off or on but I have no idea what it does. The car doesn't tell me what it "autostopping" and neither does the manual. I'm too frightened to drive it at a wall to see if it stops before I smash to pieces on the wall. So that is another mystery.

·
Registered
846 Posts
If it is automatic it will have an "Auto" button, and you would select the temperature you want using a knob and a digital display. If it is automatic, when you get in a hot car, it will blow a high volume of air from the dash vents for a time, and then automatically reduce the flow once it gets closer to the selected temperature.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for that but mine, definetly isn't automatic, this is UK we don't have fancy stuff like that LOL. Mine has two dials, one for temperature and one for fan speed. Then 3 buttons for directiom and one button for AC on or off.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for that but mine, definetly isn't automatic, this is UK we don't have fancy stuff like that LOL. Mine has two dials, one for temperature and one for fan speed. Then 3 buttons for directiom and one button for AC on or off.
We do have it in the UK, but it depends on the trim level.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts