Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2010 hyundai I10 1.2 petrol (78hp) and the compressor has stopped working. I am looking to purchase another second hand, which I am told will fit, but it is from a 2014 model so I am not sure how I can double check what I am being told is correct by the seller. Any ideas?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,308 Posts
The compressor not working doesn't necessarily mean the compressor is faulty. Has the AC system been properly tested or are you just taking a guess at the compressor? Guessing could be an expensive mistake.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi autospark

Thanks for replying

Yes, the compressor has been diagnosed as being faulty by a reputable garage. They have quoted for a new part and also suggest that I look on eBay for a part which they will fit for me as this may be cheaper.

Thanks

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,308 Posts
Ah, OK then. Just didn't want you to replace the compressor and find you were no further forward.

Do you happen to know the Hyundai part number of the unit from the 2014 model?
You could call the parts counter at your local Hyundai dealer with your car's VIN and they will tell you the part number of the compressor for your car. If it matches the used unit you know it's gonna fit. I wouldn't expect there to be any difference if it's off the same 1.2 engine but it's always best to try and confirm before purchase.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts