Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:angry: My air bag light came on and the diagnostic says the clock spring and the air bag unit needs to be replaced. My 2001 Sante Fe has 120,000 km and is out of warranty. This is about a $1,000.00 job. Has anylone heard if this may be a silent recall or a common fault. It seems to be a pretty serious fault for a relatively new verhicle.

thanks

jan crane

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
clock springs used to give a problem, but in the 90th; what are the exact codes ?? this should be noted on your part of the work order; if notnthen phone and ask them; which is your dealer ????

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by duke@Nov 18 2004, 05:41 PM
clock springs used to give a problem, but in the 90th; what are the exact codes ?? this should be noted on your part of the work order; if notnthen phone and ask them; which is your dealer ????
[snapback]2880[/snapback]​

my dealer is Ontario Hyundai, Whitby. I don't understand your reply about in the 90th, what are the exact codes????

I asked them if Hyundai would do anything about the problem and they said that air bag units etc were only warrantied for 60,000km or 3 years and there was nothing they could do.

If other prople had a similar problem tho, I can probablly put pressure on them to do something

Thanks for your reply
jan crane

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this is what was on the work order

scan- dab resistance high - B1346. check elect side of the airbag system and found when turning the steering wheel the airbag system spiked.

is that what you meant?

thanks

Jan crane

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Originally posted by jan crane@Nov 26 2004, 07:32 AM
this is what was on the work order
scan- dab resistance high - B1346. check elect side of the airbag system and found when turning the steering wheel the airbag system spiked.

is that what you meant?

thanks

Jan crane
[snapback]3064[/snapback]​

OH HMM;
the tech can test it with the line tester, and he noticed the signal spike;
I would have him first check all the connections on the steering column, if they are all secure, then the clock-spring need replacing (CDN $ 235.98 + tax for the part). which is your dealer ???

·
Registered
107 Posts
Originally posted by jan crane@Nov 18 2004, 12:59 PM
:angry:  My air bag  light came on and the diagnostic says the clock spring and the air bag unit needs to be replaced. My 2001 Sante Fe has 120,000 km and is out of warranty.  This is about a $1,000.00 job.  Has anylone heard if this may be a silent recall or a common fault.  It seems to be a pretty serious fault for a relatively new verhicle.

thanks

jan crane
[snapback]2876[/snapback]​

What's air bag unit? Airbag ECU?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by duke@Nov 26 2004, 11:43 AM
OH HMM;
the tech can test it with the line tester, and he noticed the signal spike;
I would have him first check all the connections on the steering column, if they are all secure, then the clock-spring need replacing (CDN $ 235.98 + tax for the part). which is your dealer ???
[snapback]3067[/snapback]​

1 - 9 of 9 Posts