Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Can any one tell me whether there is an air bag on the passenger side of my lovely new (to me) Lantra? There is no glove box manual with the car, of course, and all my searching on the Net has been to no avail.
:) Libby

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (ejp @ May 26 2010, 08:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=326708
Hi All,
Can any one tell me whether there is an air bag on the passenger side of my lovely new (to me) Lantra? There is no glove box manual with the car, of course,

and all my searching on the Net has been to no avail.
Uh, we gave you a couple answers, have you looked at the dash for any hints of "SRS",,,, or "AIRBAG",,,, or signs of a cutout on the dash pad where the bag would escape the dash when it deploys??

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/t48850-is-th...-lantra-gls.htm

According to my HMA service pages, the Passenger air bag appears to exit the dash above the glove box... now look above glovebox for a module with a yellow covered harness and yellow connector (bright yellow, cant miss it),,, may need to remove glovebox door.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much. I'm new to this forum (could you tell) and I couldn't find my original post, so I thought it had got lost somewhere!!
There is nothing embossed on the dashboard passenger side, nor any sign of a place where the bag might be. So I have come to the conclusion there's only a bag on the driver side.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (ejp @ May 27 2010, 05:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=327057
Thank you so much. I'm new to this forum (could you tell) and I couldn't find my original post, so I thought it had got lost somewhere!!
There is nothing embossed on the dashboard passenger side, nor any sign of a place where the bag might be. So I have come to the conclusion there's only a bag on the driver side.
Take a picture of the dash on the passenger side... no phone pics... nice clear picture.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts