Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a 2007 Sonata GLS. I have an air bag light on, and the passenger seat belt light comes on and the passenger air bag off light comes on, sometimes.

Here is a timeline of my problems;

In August, the air bag light(red) on my instrument dash panel came on and stayed on. Still on, I just ignore it.

About two months later, the passenger side seat belt light came on and flashes. There is nobody in the passenger seat. So I just clip the seat belt on with no one in the seat of course and this gets rid of the blinking light.

Yesterday my wife and I are going on a long road trip and the amber Passenger air bag has been disabled light on the center console comes on at random times. My wife is in the pass. seat.

I am guessing these are related. Is there anything I can check myself since I know the warranty is up and it costs money just to hook up a scanner to see what the problem is.

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
I would first unplug and the plug in all the connectors under the seat. Disconnect the battery before you do this.

It might just be a connection or slight corrosion problem with the wiring.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
nothing wrong with checking connections and is always a good idea - can't put enough stress on disconnect battery first! if the airbag deploys you'll be spending a lot of money.

beyond that, i wouldn't mess with this particular item. its there for your safety and if you don't know what you're doing you can cause the airbag to deploy while working on it. your car won't be legal to drive then and you don't want to know the repair bill...better to take it in. one of the few times i'll say that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts