Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my wife has a 2005 Hyundai Tucson gl. She has had an airbag light on for over 10 years. Never really an issue for her until now. We need to get the car inspected and I want to give the car to our son. I understand a fair amount about vehicle repairs though I’m no mechanic. I decided to try and tackle the issue myself as I really don’t want to pay hundreds if not thousands to have this fixed. The car just isn’t worth it lol. So I started by scanning the vehicle. I pulled 2 codes. B1334 & B1331. I started by replacing the front impact sensor with a used one I got off the junkyard. Not the best shape but better than what was on the car. The code B1331 disappeared but I was left with the B1334 code. I inspected all the wiring the best I could without removing the fender and dashboard. I decided to have the SRSCM updated and reset. 40.00 bucks for eliminating one possible cause. After reinstalling the reprogrammed SRSCM the light still remained on. However the B1334 code was now gone. But the B1331 code was back. I put the old PFIS back on and both codes showed up. I put the junkyard one back on and I’m back to just having the B1331 code. So I have narrowed it down to 2 possible issues. 1) the harness has a short or bad connector or 2) the PFIS I got from the junkyard is bad. What do you all think is the most likely cause? Should I start by getting a new PFIS or should I take the time to remove everything to expose the wiring harness? Would a bad PFIS cause the B1331 code? Any help on this would be extremely appreciated. Thank you!

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,308 Posts
What do you all think is the most likely cause?
Sounds to me like the replacement sensor is faulty. You can confirm that by simply swapping the known good driver's side sensor to the passenger side.
Swap over the passenger & driver's side sensors. With the sensors swapped erase the trouble codes then rescan. If the original B133x codes (passenger side) have been replaced with B132x codes (driver's side) you know the wiring is good and the sensor is bad.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts