Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Experts,

Thank you very much for solving my previous questions.

Now i`m having a problem with my 2003 hyundai xg-350 as the air bag warning stays on all the time on the dash borad even while i`m driving.

Can you all please help me out with this issue,

Thank you very much.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Lucky guess says that GDS scan will bring up either a 1378 or 1382 comes up....

Be a little carefull about what you stuff under the seat on the floor... ideally there should be nothing stuffed under the seats on the floor to get tangled in the seat bottom wiring..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your advice but i did not stuff anything underneath the seat all of at sudden one day it stayed on all the time..i just want to know why and how to rectify it..

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (raja_canada @ Jun 19 2010, 03:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=334477
i just want to know why and how to rectify it..
Visit your local Hyundai dealership service dept, and have it scanned.. The stored DTC will denote which circuit is found to be open or shorted, then repair can proceed based on DTC findings.. There is no magic pill for SRS.

I already posted what I "think" they will find... but it is just a well educated guess based on 7yr of past experience watching XG come and go..

Scan it, and report back.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Agreed. There is no user-accessible mechanism to reset the SRS airbag warning on Hyundai vehicles that we know of. Basically, it means that the SRS controller has detected a problem, and it will require the dealer's scan tool to determine what it is and clear it. Sorry.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (A_Null @ Jun 20 2010, 01:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=334674
Agreed. There is no user-accessible mechanism to reset the SRS airbag warning on Hyundai vehicles that we know of. Basically, it means that the SRS controller has detected a problem, and it will require the dealer's scan tool to determine what it is and clear it. Sorry.

Here is what you need to gain access to the SRS -- :banana: (I got it, you need it),, see picture

Attachments

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (Montego @ Jun 21 2010, 11:36 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=334923
so am l!....l want one!

We just bought the newly released "economy" model, so the terminal in the background will have GDS capability.. need to find time to read the install instructions, and likely need wireless card to communicate with the VCI (blue box with DLC cable on it).. Ideally it should be used with laptop to be very mobile.. but they wont "spring" for another laptop, only the Toughbook that Hyundai sent as SST (required to have)..

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 04' XG350 and have had the air bag light on about 4 times and it was still under warranty so took it to the shop and they fixed it 3 times now the second time my kids shoved stuff under the seat and disconnected the wire but the other times what happens is when you move the drivers seat it disconnects the wire because that is where the air bag wires are, our warranty is now expired so the air bag light is on again and it is going to stay on I believe as long as we have the car even if we keep having it fixed it will always come on because of where the wires are.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I own a 2005 Hyundai XG350 had it since 2006 when purchased with 5,000 miles on it. Hyundai has a ten year warranty on the car supposedly. The Air Bag light has been on the dash board in the past off and on several times. I have brought the vehicle to the local Hyundai dealer in Auburn, Mass Herb Chambers where I live to have this taken care of. They did take car of it for awhile. Then it would come on again then they finally changed out the driver side seat under warranty. Ity stayed off for a few year's and now it is on all the time. I called the dealer and they have NO RECORD of the car or any Air Bag problems. I love the car it has very low mileage and the dealer said bring it in and they will scan it. Seeing they say they have no record won't the VIN show up with them? Of course there will now be a charge for the scan. Curious Philip in Auburn, Mass

1 - 11 of 11 Posts