Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I recently made a wishlist of all the mods I want to get for my car and here it goes. Keep in mind that these are slightly overestimated prices for easy calculation.

Jackson Racing Supercharger - 2400
Low compression forged pistons - 1000
SMA Coilovers - 1400
Unichip ECU and tuning - 1000
Head/valve job - 1000
Custom lightweight flywheel and performance clutch - 1000
lightweight battery - 170
header - 300
map upgrade - 200
bbtb - 100
wheels/tires - 1000
racing seats - 330
injectors - 200
Body Kit/accessories - 700
misc suspension upgrades/bars - 400
misc gauges - 400
iridium plugs - 50
misc piping/fittings - 200
intercooler - 300
bbk - 400?
custom CF parts - 2000

and to keep myself liscensed....radar detector - 500 :)

I figure w/ all of this I should be able to easily acheive 300whp. Anything else anyone would like to add?

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
To be honest, at that point you might as well sell the car and buy a new one that comes with nearly all that AND a powertrain warranty.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (bloodninja @ Jun 15 2010, 06:01 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=333286
To be honest, at that point you might as well sell the car and buy a new one that comes with nearly all that AND a powertrain warranty.
true but that defeats the purpose of making a monster accent :)

and, the overall costs of the car w/ the mods would be around $25k which would still be cheaper (and lighter) than say an STI or EVO and I'd still have more power and prolly stability.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
But do you really think you're going to be able to push 300 HP on this car, even with engine modifications? It just seems like a lethal explosion waiting to happen. Not to mention, even with a big brake kit, you still have to factor in the mediocre crash safety ratings of this car (compared to cars that were designed to be high performance). I mean, I don't want to crush your dreams, but there's only so much you can do to a car... unless you were going to steel reinforce every side of the car

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
O yeah, I've done quite a bit of research into a lot of the mods I would like to eventually have done and yes I do feel that I could push 300hp at the wheels. Maybe even more w/ more custom fabricated parts. I love this car and would not opt to purchase a "performance" vehicle just because it may put out the amount of power that I may have acheived. I have also thought about insurance costs as well. I would still pay less in insurance w/ those mods then I would w/ say a STI or new Camaro or whatever.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
My 2 cents will be an engine swap.just buy a Beta II with an ECM and an ECM connector in there and just N/A will be around 158+ hp also you have more aftermarket support than the alpha. It'll not be that hard to find them either, the tib, elantra and spectra have them and im sure you can get it for cheap.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
very true but, I would love to see the looks on peoples faces when I tell them they got smoked by a 1.6L that isn't a riceboy honda :)

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
QUOTE (bloodninja @ Jun 15 2010, 07:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=333301
But do you really think you're going to be able to push 300 HP on this car, even with engine modifications? It just seems like a lethal explosion waiting to happen. Not to mention, even with a big brake kit, you still have to factor in the mediocre crash safety ratings of this car (compared to cars that were designed to be high performance). I mean, I don't want to crush your dreams, but there's only so much you can do to a car... unless you were going to steel reinforce every side of the car
If I ever plan to do serious mods on the engine, I doubt the crash rating will have anything to do with it. If what's holding you back from doing anything serious to a car is its crash safety rating, maybe a full size sedan would be more suited.

On another note, nobody really knows the limits of the AlphaII. You might be able to push 250hp out of a stock bottom end with only lower compression, who knows. They do come with forged connecting rods. A guy on VWvortex pushed 495hp on a 2.0 16V with stock internals. It blew up after a 50psi boost spike though.

·
Registered
810 Posts
You picked at the pricing of the seats? He isn't getting a bodykit for 700 bucks unless he's okay with the ground effects kit from Ebay minus the SR wheel flares - and neither are a body kit. They're a lip kit/ground effects kit. Besides, I think there's only like one body kit available and it's pretty frigging ugly. I feel sorry for anyone that buys it...

·
Registered
556 Posts
I hate silly posts. Our car has forged pistons and rods stock... With 10-1 compression. just boost the **** thing. Why does no one do research or look at the block before saying things like that.

·
Registered
28 Posts
QUOTE (Tenrilid @ Jun 15 2010, 07:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=333293
true but that defeats the purpose of making a monster accent :)

and, the overall costs of the car w/ the mods would be around $25k which would still be cheaper (and lighter) than say an STI or EVO and I'd still have more power and prolly stability.
25k will buy you a 3.8 Gen Coupe... 25k will buy you a gen coupe 2.0t track. probably with mods too. and it will have the correct powered wheels. stock.

just sayin.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
QUOTE (ahkenaden @ Jun 16 2010, 10:21 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=333461
25k will buy you a 3.8 Gen Coupe... 25k will buy you a gen coupe 2.0t track. probably with mods too. and it will have the correct powered wheels. stock.

just sayin.
I totally understand your point but the payments on a 25k car would be much more than I'm paying now of $240 a month ;) and the insurance cost would be a **** of a lot more. I would also like to have more focus on the accent as a tuner car so others could benefit from it. There is already a crap ton of support for tibs and gens and not nearly enough for accents which there are more of on the road. The 2.0T I feel is VERY watered down for the price and the upgrades to get to 300whp would cost close to 4k if not 5k which would be more than a 300whp accent w/ the right setup.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts