Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a Santa Fe on instagram (see attached pic) that inspired me to look around a little.

Found an exhaust, though I'm not a fan. I don't like the quad tips (tries too hard) nor do I like the tone.
Exhaust: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Twin-Muffler-Exhaust-Diesel-2-0-2-2-Model-For-Hyundai-Santa-Fe-Sports-2019/283047718447?hash=item41e6f56e2f:g:kyoAAOSw8eFbQxos&autorefresh=true
Exhaust Video:

Found a front + rear lip. Front lip looks bad-ass, rear ones only work with the above-mentioned quad-tip exhaust. But I think you need side running boards to make it look good as a total unit.
Front + Rear Aero Kit: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Rear-Lip-Body-kit-Aero-Parts-Unpainted-For-Hyundai-Santa-Fe-Sports-2019/283486267302?hash=item42011927a6:g:qAcAAOSwiyBc3L8E

Not sure how much you'd gain with this strut bar.
Front Strut Bar: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Luxon-Strut-Tower-Bar-Braced-Strong-For-Hyundai-Santa-fe-Sports-2019/273439930704?epid=7023343075&hash=item3faa4a3950:g:TbYAAOSwefxbjR2E

Some store links (not affiliated with any):
https://www.ebay.com/str/kor-happyshop/Santa-Fe-Sports-2019/_i.html?_storecat=31654622018

Who wants to pull the trigger!? I won't be doing anything for the next year or so atleast.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Some nice items but way overpriced plus some have a very high shipping cost. :=)
IE: Chrome pedals $50 bought from China $20
Wait for China to start posting items--- may be cheaper

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some nice items but way overpriced plus some have a very high shipping cost. :=)
IE: Chrome pedals $50 bought from China $20
Wait for China to start posting items--- may be cheaper
I agree. Pricey. Hence I'll be waiting a year atleast before doing anything.

Just nice to see that some options are coming!

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T FWD (Machine Gray/Espresso Gray)
1,411 Posts
I’m still looking for some nice blue LED illuminated front door sill plates. I have them in my ‘12 Genesis and they look great. They were “plug and play” too which, sadly any Santa Fe sills will not be.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I’m still looking for some nice blue LED illuminated front door sill plates. I have them in my ‘12 Genesis and they look great. They were “plug and play” too which, sadly any Santa Fe sills will not be.
A little disappointed that there’s no standard footwell and ambient lighting in the SF. And that the blue LED kit is $300.

I’d like to see some lowering springs myself.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A little disappointed that there’s no standard footwell and ambient lighting in the SF. And that the blue LED kit is $300.

I’d like to see some lowering springs myself.
I emailed manufacturers of coilovers and springs and no one has anything planned for the new gen Santa Fe yet.

I actually got the footwell lighting kit. Figured I was financing the car at 0% anyway so whatever. It's okay. Don't even notice it that much with the bright ass interior LEDs.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I actually got the footwell lighting kit. Figured I was financing the car at 0% anyway so whatever. It's okay. Don't even notice it that much with the bright ass interior LEDs.
I did notice the blue light kit comes on with the doors. Can you turn it on independently from the interior lights? Or is the switch only there to turn it off? I was hoping that the footwell lighting lit the footwells with the headlights (with user brightness settings.) I’ve grown accustomed to this in my GTI.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I emailed manufacturers of coilovers and springs and no one has anything planned for the new gen Santa Fe yet.
We can only hope Hyundai does an “N” version of the SF and makes lowered springs available. Swift was a good source for lowering springs in the Subaru world if you are checking around.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Pretty cool stuff. I hope Hyundai releases a “sport” version of the new SF, and Palasade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
184 Posts
Wouldnt this reduce some body roll?
A strut bar usually provides a brace between the strut towers to improve body stiffness. But you can see the SF cowl sheet metal already connects the strut towers to the firewall! The strut bar pictured is more decoration than performance enhancing.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A strut bar usually provides a brace between the strut towers to improve body stiffness. But you can see the SF cowl sheet metal already connects the strut towers to the firewall! The strut bar pictured is more decoration than performance enhancing.
Noob question: wouldn't a strut bar provide more stiffness than sheet metal?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Noob question: wouldn't a strut bar provide more stiffness than sheet metal?
Typically the strut towers are quite some distance from each other and the firewall. If you look at well designed aftermarket strut bars, and some high end car brands, the strut bar ties the strut towers to the firewall. As you can see the cowl and firewall are one, large, welded piece already so, no, I wouldn’t expect that strut bar to add much more than looks. It does look cool though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts