Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my brand new 2010 Santa Fe is at 700 miles and is already having problems. I took it to 7-Eleven tonight with a friend and when pulling into the driveway, we noticed an ominous rattling sound like metal on metal. It was solely based on vehicle speed and had a noticeable clankety-clankety-clank like a bearing that packed up and quit. It's definitely not the transmission but it's not giving me warm, fuzzy feelings.

If this keeps up I'll have to eat my hat...

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
We all want our baby to be perfect, but it doesn't always turn out that way.

Hopefully it's just messin' with you... a loose jack in the trunk or something like that.

If not, well, let us know how things look when they get the engine apart :thumbsup:

·
Registered
65 Posts
As a two month owner of my 2010 SF, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Hopefully it's something very simple and easily and PERMANENTLY rectified.

Mike

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Noise went away this morning...I decided to back it out of the garage before calling roadside assistance for the tow. It's gone and hasn't come back so I'm chalking it up to new car 'teething' if you will. Dealership took a look anyway and found nothing out of the ordinary. Here's to hoping it's just a fluke.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
QUOTE (canderson @ Sep 25 2010, 09:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358782
It's the left rear wheel falling off. They forgot to tighten the nuts, right? :whistling:
Don't laugh. I knew a woman who bought a brand new big a$$ Cadillac 10 years ago. At 350 miles she was on the interstate and the rear axle separated from the differential, making the wheel fall off. She totaled the car. I've got lots of GM stories like that.

·
Registered
313 Posts
QUOTE (lovemysantafe @ Sep 25 2010, 02:46 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358623
Well my brand new 2010 Santa Fe is at 700 miles and is already having problems. I took it to 7-Eleven tonight with a friend and when pulling into the driveway, we noticed an ominous rattling sound like metal on metal. It was solely based on vehicle speed and had a noticeable clankety-clankety-clank like a bearing that packed up and quit. It's definitely not the transmission but it's not giving me warm, fuzzy feelings.

If this keeps up I'll have to eat my hat...
Might have been a pebble gotton itself between one of the disks [rotors] and a backplate?.

Gazza!!!

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
QUOTE (jsinton @ Sep 26 2010, 06:22 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358827
Don't laugh. I knew a woman who bought a brand new big a$$ Cadillac 10 years ago. At 350 miles she was on the interstate and the rear axle separated from the differential, making the wheel fall off. She totaled the car. I've got lots of GM stories like that.
Same thing happened at a Nissan dealership I once worked for. Guy had some work done on his Pathfinder, and didn't make it two miles before the axle separated. He managed to park safely on the side of the street, retrieve the wheel assembly (which amazingly didn't hit anything or anybody), and roll it all the way back to the dealership.

More material for Andrew's nightmares :laughing:

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You guys aren't instilling me with a great deal of confidence. I got another horror story from another forum where this guy's Ford Expedition had the dashboard spontaneously ignite when the car was three days old. :unsure:

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
QUOTE (lovemysantafe @ Sep 26 2010, 04:57 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358986
You guys aren't instilling me with a great deal of confidence. I got another horror story from another forum where this guy's Ford Expedition had the dashboard spontaneously ignite when the car was three days old. :unsure:
That's why the sell those little "No Smoking" stickers that are to be installed on the dashboard. If you don't do that, the dash doesn't know any better. I'm surprised more people don't take that precaution, especially with a new, untrained dashboard. :p

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
QUOTE (jsinton @ Sep 26 2010, 04:22 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358827
Around 1983, I had two work mates who had GM problems on the same day. One of them bought a new GM van and after he bought it, the rear sliding door fell to the ground before he even got off the lot. The other guy had a year old caddy where the cam lobes had rounded off and the dealer tried to tell him they didn't cover that! I haven't bought an American car in forever and have never felt unAmerican buying foreign cars.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts