Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all . i have finished all the mods i planned when i got my gt. i just got the sterio upgrade done. i had a rockford fosgate r400-4d amp along with MB Quart pvm 216 front and pvm 116 rear speakers i kept the factory head unit with all the adaptors needed to switch and the lack of good head unit adaptors i desided to keep it. a 400. to 600 dollar savings. seeing as i listen to audio books more often than music it seemed to be a good choise.
The sound is fantastic i get little to no distortion throught the entire volume range clean clear crisp sound it was a great choice . so heree is finished effect.

let me know what you think . thanks
just how do i enter the ROM ?

Attachments

·
22,788 Posts
Hello all . i have finished all the mods i planned when i got my gt.
You just "think" you're done. :wink2: I said the same thing, ONCE! Let us know how that works out for you! Welcome to the Forum!

·
22,788 Posts
Apologies AZYCRAY12. I was remiss in forgetting my compliments to your ride. That white stripe "takes me back" to yesteryear when us kids would do the same with vinyl tape. It was a cheap mod and money wasn't all that plentiful. Funds were allocated to more important things, like dating, drive-in movies on the back row, 3.2 beer, stuff like that. :grin: White stripes with a narrower one, set off to the driver's side of the car. It extended up the front, down the hood, over the top and down the trunk and read panel. It was a fad, adopted by the GT rage of the 60's as seen at Sebring, Le Mans, Daytona, etc.

Lots of great memories. Your GT looks "track ready!" If that was the look you were hoping to achieve, well, you did it! You need a competition entry number on the door! LOL

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks i appriciate you all it is so nice to have somewhere to go for similar minds no matter the age can look at onanothers rides and give advice to and recieve from people . no lies , lines , and a great way to me new friends compare notes and even if some dont like your mods it gives a good base for conversiation about all most anything . again thanks you guys are great!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Nice photo Okie. Love the 1275cc midget. Looks like an H/P bug eye tucked up behind it. Those were truly the days.

Oh, by the way. It should be War Eagle!!!

·
22,788 Posts
Let's not forget the Austin Healy 300 Mark III's. I was in lust with that car in the 60's. And the Triumph Spitfire. One of the Daddy's-girl rich kid's drove an XKE Jaguar. And she had the looks to go with it, too!

But, that little bug-eyed Sprite was the cutest little thing on the street in the 60's. My teenage years...I could get in and out of one, THEN!

·
Registered
150 Posts
The Healy's and the Jag were never big as SCCA club racers however the Spit was along with the bug eyes and the sprigets. There were a huge number of them at the SCCA Regional races at Palm Beach and Sebring in the late 70's and beyond. They were about the nearest thing you could get to a back yard racer. Kind of like Soap Box Derby but a lot less powerful and reliable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts