Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have these steelies that I want to use for winter and want to get a set of wheels for the summer.

Does anyone have trouble with larger size wheels? I'm looking at a set of Enkei in 20s. Maybe I should try 19s

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I'm sure you can find 20s that will fit, just fine. You'll obviously, give up some ride comfort and will be more prone to damage from potholes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, this I understand that... But what I'm hoping for us to know if you have to roll the fender. Because I don't want to and will just go with 19s if that's the case.

Yes, my wife has given me permission.

·
Registered
245 Posts
another thing you should think about is how easy are the wheels your looking at to clean in-between the spokes by hand when they get dirty .? the closer they are the harder to clean vs farther apart.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Yes, this I understand that... But what I'm hoping for us to know if you have to roll the fender. Because I don't want to and will just go with 19s if that's the case.

Yes, my wife has given me permission.
As long as you get the same width, wheel, you'll be fine.A 20 with the proper height on the sidewall, won't be any taller than a stock, setup.
As for whether or not it will look ridiculous, that's subjective. If you like the way it looks, who cares what anyone else, thinks.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Offset is going to be where you need to look at for fender clearance. You will need about a 225/30/20 as that is about all that will be the same height (still 1.2% larger).

To keep it clear of the fenders, you need to be as close to the factory offset as possible.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just bought used Elantra sport wheels 225/40/18 and it fits perfectly on my elantra GL. I wouldn't personnaly go above 18 inch because the car is not too big. Would look like a monster truck
69880046_583240342210554_6853168255515754496_n.jpg

·
Registered
666 Posts
I just bought used Elantra sport wheels 225/40/18 and it fits perfectly on my elantra GL. I wouldn't personnaly go above 18 inch because the car is not too big. Would look like a monster truck
I think that's the same size tire that is on the Veloster.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, to many potholes up here. I'm going to ride out with some 19" can't wait!

Now to work on that exhaust note.. lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts