Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick note, had this older disabled woman come in for service this week and she ended up needing a radiator, Nicest lady in the whole wide world, I had to drive her home and pick her up after repairs and during our conversation I come to find out she has come upon hard times and got "dupped" into an aftremarket warranty that feeds on the security of the less fortunate. This woman had health issues lost her house her finances were mismanged by attorney and her credit ruined. So what does she do? She buys into an aftermarket warranty for a 2006 elantra costing her 100+ a month. Oh and here is the icing on the cake! Her radiator repair wasnt covered under the warranty disclaimers. She is into this 3 year contract thats going to run her well over 3600 bucks. She told me she did it for security. I advised her to get out of it if possible. This poor sick disabled woman cant affored it and any repairs are going to be disclaimers. Very sad but fourtunately she is in good hands with us. We'll get her on the road and she can pay when she can.

·
Banned
998 Posts
Review the warranty terms, advise her what to do.
Do not leave it like that. You seem to be a nice guy to her so that keep it like that.

I was almost ready to buy extended warranty for my Rondo when the bumper-to-bumper was about to expire, but after reviewing what is covered and what not - it looked like the 10k miles covers everything what tier 1 and half of tier 2 covers.
So what's the point?

You can't trust people nowadays (not all of them, at least).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts