Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

I know this question has been asked many times on this forum, and I spent the last week going through each post, but I'm still unsure how to resolve my issue.

What do I have?
I have a Hyundai Santa Fe CRDI+ 2.2, Diesel, Automatic, UK model with the factory stereo installed.
Stereo is: HMC 961002B220 (working, checked this morning)
I also have the factory fitted Hyundai Amplifier which is located under my driver's seat
The amplifier is: HYUNDAI SANTA FE 2.2 CRDi 2007 RHD 6 CHANNEL AMP AMPLIFIER 96300-2B800
Images below:

What is the issue?
I bought an aftermarket android 8.1 from Seicane (yes I've heard bad things), installed it, everything works very well, apart from no sound. Here is the model I bought:
Just search (cannot post URLs on new account) on AliExpress or Seicane for: Seicane Android 8.1 9" 2din Car Radio Multimedia Player GPS Head Unit For HYUNDAI SANTA FE 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010-2012 Here is an image:

The unit came with two ISO connectors, I'm using the second version of the connector here:

It connects and works, just so sound.

I contacted Seicane and they said that I needed to connect the RCA cable to the back of my Seicane unit, and use the pink amp-c wire to connect to my amp as my amp is not powering on. Here is the RCA cable and wire number 4 (pink) is what they are referring to:

So from this I gather that I need to connect the pink amp-c wire to my amp-c wire somewhere on the Seicane ISO Connector (Female) that would then connect to the factory hyundai ISO connector (male). Or the amp wire in the factory ISO is not connecting to anything in seicane harness and may need to move some wires around in the seicane ISO instead? And this is where I am stuck, and I'm still a bit confused as to what to do.

Here is my factory ISO Connector:

Could anyone shed any light on what I would need to do?

Thanks!

Sean

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are some more images to help:

Factory ISO (harness) and Seicane ISO harness connected:

Setup at the back of new stereo:

Amp-c wire from RDS wire (back of stereo) needs to be connected to somewhere:

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
13,397 Posts
Amp-c wire from RDS wire (back of stereo) needs to be connected to somewhere:
I think it should connect to the grey wire on the car's harness connector, but your wiring adaptor doesn't have a terminal in that position...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi AutoSpark,

Thank you for replying :)

So if I was to buy a pin and wire the amp-c pink wire to the pin, insert into the siecane harness in that position so it matches up with the Grey wire on the factory harness that could work?

Thanks,

Sean

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
That should make the amp switch on, so you would get sound.
But I suspect the sound might be distorted because the original radio probably outputs low voltage (line level) audio that is then amplified by the amp, but your replacement unit has a built in amplifier and will output higher voltage (speaker level) audio. These higher level signals from the replacement unit will probably over drive the Hyundai amp. But try it and see what happens.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks AutoSpark, I will give it a try. Do you know where I could possibly get the Male pin the same size as:

Would you be able to provide a link for them on amazon or another place? I don't know the size of the pin that I need to buy :(

Thanks,

Sean

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
I think the cheapest way to get a terminal would be to just buy another wiring adaptor from ebay and extract one from it.

Here is a link to what "I think" is the correct terminal, but I suspect the delivery charge will probably be as much as an ebay adaptor. And at least you'll know 100% that the terminal out of the adaptor is the correct one : KET/TE 040 Series III male terminal

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you AutoSpark,

I'm going to go with your first suggestion which is pull out the pin from another wiring adapter which I do have a spare, hook it up, see how it goes.

Also, Seicane got back to me and said I can also hook up pink amp-c to blue ACC (what you have in your diagram). Is it safe to remove the Antenna wire in the Seicane which connects to the blue ACC in the factory, and replace with pink amp-c wire?

Thanks,

Sean

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you AutoSpark,

I'm going to go with your first suggestion which is pull out the pin from another wiring adapter which I do have a spare, hook it up, see how it goes.

Also, Seicane got back to me and said I can also hook up pink amp-c to blue ACC (what you have in your diagram). Is it safe to remove the Antenna wire in the Seicane which connects to the blue ACC in the factory, and replace with pink amp-c wire?

Thanks,

Sean
Hi Sean

I have purchased similar Universal 2DIN from Seicane for Volvo, however, my ACC (ignition power) cable is RED and your is BLUE, so if you need AMP-C pink to be powered, hook AMP-C pink with cable labelled BATT+, mine is thick YELLOW for +12V. When I was testing the unit with a standard 12V battery, I plugged BATT + & ACC Red cable to Positive + and GROUND/Black cable to -Negative.

Please install CPU-Z app from google app store and make sure, your 2DIN has correct specification. In my case, I have purchased 2GB RAM, Android 8.1 version but when arrived, under settings it shows 2GB, Android 9.1, but CPU-Z info show just 1GB RAM, Android 6. So if you have similar issue, get back to Seicane and claim at least £/$20 or £/$30 back! I have raised a dispute with Aliexpress.

I hope this information helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just to add, if the AMP-C is the output for an amplifier etc, it is 12v live when the unit is switched on! so I am bit not sure where that should be connected! Maybe double check with Seicane, and if they suggested (as mentioned above) you to connect with ACC (your blue cable), that would be the best way forward. Thank you

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi rskhan,

Thank you for the information, I think I may try all 3 then (including your recommendation) to see what happens.
Ah I didn't know that, so I will install the app and let you know what my output is, I already raised a dispute in Aliexpress and they are processing 30 GBP back to me for the issues, but will check the actual spec they gave me vs what was advertised.

Yeah they said if I have an amp or factory amp to connect amp-c to my ACC. Here is the snippet from what they said:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi All,

Here is a diagram I put together for my factory harness and seicane harness if this helps anyone. Can anyone tell me from the factory harness which wire would be powering the amp?

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
The grey wire in the photo in post #3 is the amp remote wire. That's the wire that switches the amp on. I'm guessing that grey wire should be connected to the pink AMP-C (amp control) wire on the Seicane head unit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi AutoSpark,

I did the wiring today and I can confirm that the sound now works :) So I would like to say a big thank you for helping me out on this issue! Very much appreciated.

I do have some high pitched sound coming through when I play music though, so I'll have to see what the issue is with that, probably a ground wire issue or the radio is interfering. If you have any suggestions on this issue too, that would be great :)

Thanks,

Sean

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
Great to hear you got it working. Sorry, not sure what could be causing the high pitched sound. Is it there all the time or only when the engine is running? Does it change pitch with engine RPM?

Apart from the high pitched sound, how is the audio quality? Does the Seicane head unit over drive the Hyundai amp like I suspected, or is the audio clear of any distortion?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi AutoSpark,
The high pitch sound is there when music starts to play or if the satnav audio starts, once the music or sat nav audio stops, the high pitch sound stops. It doesn't appear when the engine is running or revs.
The Audio quality is very good, treble, bass, mids, all very good, no issues there. Yeah the Seicane head unit does over drive the hyundai amp, but it is still clear of any distortion.

Cheers,
Sean

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for all the above tips. It was useful for me as well, I had a similar issue with the car stereo. Now, due to the advice you gave, I'll try to fix it. I had a problem with the sound for a long time ago but didn't manage to fix it. By the way, as I noticed you are good at stereo gear, maybe you can recommend me a 2 channel stereo receiver. The most important feature for me is the high-quality audio system. I was looking for best stereos and I found on https://comparily.com/best-2-channel-stereo-receivers/, but I don't know which one to choose as all the stereos seem to be good. Any advice will be appreciated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
@gregory007 No problem at all, Autospark was a great help to me on this as well. But if you have any issues let me know, I shoud be able to help.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts