Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I bought an aftermarket shift knob online but it was sold for a Veloster. I thought it would fit and attempted to put it on but was wondering if it's supposed to fit like this or if there is any way I could close the gap. I've attached the shift knob I bought and a picture of it installed.

Attachments

Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 馃か
Hi everyone I bought an aftermarket shift knob online but it was sold for a Veloster. I thought it would fit and attempted to put it on but was wondering if it's supposed to fit like this or if there is any way I could close the gap. I've attached the shift knob I bought and a picture of it installed.
Are you able to use your reverse lock out and does the lock out still work with this knob and setup?
The gap I'm afraid you'll have to live with as there's really nothing much for our Accents for a truly nice well fitting shift knob setup.

But there's still hope if you don't mind a little gap.

This is what I did with mine and I like it. It took a while to figure out but the final results aren't bad for me.
Here's a pic of my final setup.
Vehicle Car Speedometer Steering part Motor vehicle

I think with your setup and if the lock out is functional you'll need a deep set screw knob where the screw is recessed in the knob so it sits lower on the shifter. This may help with gap but from my experience the gap will always be there for the reverse lock out to work.

Maybe someone else may have a better setup and chime in and good luck with it. Let us know how you work it out. 馃憤馃檪

Registered
2014 Hyundai Accent Hatchback
My after-market Hyundai OEM 6-speed manual gear knob, purchased from eBay, S.Korea. It fitted with no problems, per instructions provided.
View attachment 463141
The factory shift knobs tend to fit fine. Usually the gap appears when you install an aftermarket one. Since the reverse lockout on our cars are attached to the shift boot, you have to remove it in order to fit the shift knob on. Once you remove it, it causes the gap.

Registered
Hi everyone I bought an aftermarket shift knob online but it was sold for a Veloster. I thought it would fit and attempted to put it on but was wondering if it's supposed to fit like this or if there is any way I snaptube vidmate could close the gap. I've attached the shift knob I bought and a picture of it installed.
these are usually bad , I don't recommend going with it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts