Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 Azera Hyper Silver with Tech 19" OEM Rims.
I'm looking for some aftermarket Rims for summer driving. Stick with same diameter 19". I like the car just the way it is just with a different set of Rims for summer and OEM for winter driving.

Now, I've looked every where and can get a set with the same 19 x 8 but they all seem to look the same as other makes and model.

The ones I really like are 19 x 8.5 just cost more so my question would be...Will the .5 extra width give me more of a gap between the tire and the wheel well more noticeable? I like the gap the way it is now but worry about that extra half inch.

Before you go asking why don't I go with bigger...I never cared for wheels that looks too big for the size of the car. I rather folks look at the whole car, not the large RIMs it has.

Your opinion will help me alot and thank you in advance.

·
Registered
72 Posts
2013 Azera Hyper Silver with Tech 19" OEM Rims.
I'm looking for some aftermarket Rims for summer driving. Stick with same diameter 19". I like the car just the way it is just with a different set of Rims for summer and OEM for winter driving.

Now, I've looked every where and can get a set with the same 19 x 8 but they all seem to look the same as other makes and model.

The ones I really like are 19 x 8.5 just cost more so my question would be...Will the .5 extra width give me more of a gap between the tire and the wheel well more noticeable? I like the gap the way it is now but worry about that extra half inch.

Before you go asking why don't I go with bigger...I never cared for wheels that looks too big for the size of the car. I rather folks look at the whole car, not the large RIMs it has.

Your opinion will help me alot and thank you in advance.
If you're going to stick with the stock tire size of 245/40/19 then you should be just fine with a 8.5 wide wheel. A 245 width tire is good for a width range of 8.0 - 9.5.

·
Registered
23 Posts
8.5 rim would be fine with stock tire size. It isnt the width that matters as much as the offset when it comes to fitting on the car. If you are going wider, you need to make sure the rim has a lower offset than the stock wheels or you run a risk of rims rubbing. I think the stock rims are 19x8 with a +38 offset, so you should go to a 19x8.5 with a +30 offset.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Stock wheels are 19x8 et41.

If you don't plan on lowering the car then a 19x8.5 et30 will work fine.

I've gone through quite a bit of research for wheel and tire fitment when trying to figure out my setup.

I'm currently running 20x8.5 et35 with a 245/35/20 tire.
The outer edge of the tire is about 5mm shy from being exactly flush from the outer edge of the fender.

Like i said before, i'd stick with a 19x8.5 with an offset between 30 and 35.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Stock wheels are 19x8 et41.

If you don't plan on lowering the car then a 19x8.5 et30 will work fine.

I've gone through quite a bit of research for wheel and tire fitment when trying to figure out my setup.

I'm currently running 20x8.5 et35 with a 245/35/20 tire.
The outer edge of the tire is about 5mm shy from being exactly flush from the outer edge of the fender.

Like i said before, i'd stick with a 19x8.5 with an offset between 30 and 35.
TAI knows about wheels !! Btw I love the look of your car!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you

I wanted to thank all of you for your opinion. I feel much better now with going 8.5. I was afraid, it would give me a larger gap. I don't plan on lowering the car as I don't really want to lose the ride quality of the car.

Again Thank you.

·
22,788 Posts
Be hard for me to arrive at whether the "car makes the wheels," or "the wheels make the car." Nice combination. Stop now while you have it perfect. You can't possibly top this look. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thanks everyone. Took along time for a decision on the color (Hyper Silver or Platium), decided on the Platium and I'm glad I did. Now it feels personalized

1 - 14 of 14 Posts