Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello!

I am new to the forum and decided to join to see if I can get a solution for my issue. I have tried to search the forum and I couldn't get any answers. I am trying to change out my head unit for an aftermarket one on my 2007 Hyundai Elantra U.S model with factory radio 6 speaker with 6 CD player. I wanted to know what the small black connector on the factory radio is for. I am guessing that it is for stereo controls, but I wanted to be absolutely sure. Can someone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks for your input!

EDIT:After extensive research, I believe that the 2nd connector may be for the amplifier instead. Can someone confirm this for me to be absolutely sure?
Thanks!

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,269 Posts
It will have the wires for the steering wheel controls and the AUX audio/iPod input if your model has that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have concluded that the other clip is for the XM radio antenna and shouldn't be needed for my radio replacement. I just decided to unplug it and see what happened. All my steering wheel controls and aux in still works. My sound still played through the speakers. Thanks for your time!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts