Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.. New to this forum.. Just got a 2002 Hyundai Sonata GLS.. As you all know the Radio stinks and gets Error 2 .. blah blah blah.. So i went out and bought a dual hd radio. I got the wire harness and dash kit from ebay. Everywhere I looked had the same wire harness for the 2002 Sonata. Hooked everything up as instructed and the radio turns on, but NO sound from the speakers.. I have double and triple check to make sure everything was hooked up to where it belonged per the radio and per the wire harness.. And still NO SOUND... So im lost.. Anyone have an idea as what to do.. Please help..

·
Registered
109 Posts
QUOTE (Justguy1 @ Aug 3 2010, 02:40 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=346789
Hello everyone.. New to this forum.. Just got a 2002 Hyundai Sonata GLS.. As you all know the Radio stinks and gets Error 2 .. blah blah blah.. So i went out and bought a dual hd radio. I got the wire harness and dash kit from ebay. Everywhere I looked had the same wire harness for the 2002 Sonata. Hooked everything up as instructed and the radio turns on, but NO sound from the speakers.. I have double and triple check to make sure everything was hooked up to where it belonged per the radio and per the wire harness.. And still NO SOUND... So im lost.. Anyone have an idea as what to do.. Please help..
Search for an earlier post from me. You have to look for a specific harnass...the ebay ones don't work. From memory, it is one for a 06 sonata that works. I have an 03 and used one to work with the built in amplifiers. I will look and see if I can find it... I had this issue when I put in an HD radio too.

Chris

·
Registered
109 Posts
QUOTE (SuperChris @ Aug 3 2010, 09:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=346952
Search for an earlier post from me. You have to look for a specific harnass...the ebay ones don't work. From memory, it is one for a 06 sonata that works. I have an 03 and used one to work with the built in amplifiers. I will look and see if I can find it... I had this issue when I put in an HD radio too.

Chris
Found it...

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/index.php?ac...=84&t=16560

http://www.sjgreatdeals.com/sishy06b.html link to harness.

·
Registered
2 Posts
How do you connect the scosche harness?
More specifically what do you do with the extra power/ground wires and also the amp turn on?
FYI I'm trying to install a JVC KD-HDR20

·
Registered
109 Posts
QUOTE (freddudek @ Aug 12 2010, 04:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=348997
How do you connect the scosche harness?
More specifically what do you do with the extra power/ground wires and also the amp turn on?
FYI I'm trying to install a JVC KD-HDR20
I installed basically the same radio. Scosche harness to car harness. Connect wires to front and back speakers as the Scosche harness has a work around to the built-in amp in the car. You can clip off the extra wires or just merge them together with the other power and ground wires. I recently installed 2 amps and 2 12"s and just went thru this all over a month ago.

Do you have the color codes for your Sonata?

·
Registered
2 Posts
QUOTE (SuperChris @ Aug 12 2010, 04:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=349003
I installed basically the same radio. Scosche harness to car harness. Connect wires to front and back speakers as the Scosche harness has a work around to the built-in amp in the car. You can clip off the extra wires or just merge them together with the other power and ground wires. I recently installed 2 amps and 2 12"s and just went thru this all over a month ago.

I was able to get the speakers to work... I just put the power antenna and amp turn-on wires together.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
QUOTE (SuperChris @ Aug 12 2010, 04:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=349003

I am in the same boat as I'm looking to install an older AIWA aftermarket DIN head unit into a 2000 Sonata with factory amp. I understand that the Scosche HY06B harness plugs directly into the factory harness. The AIWA harness has the following wires:

Red- Power ACC
Yellow - Backup Power (BATT)
Black - Ground
Blue -Power Antenna
Plus 4 pair of wires for 4 speakers

how would/should I connect the AIWA's harness to the Scosche harness? Does this Scosche harness use or by-pass the factory amp? This deck puts out 4x50 watts but does that even matter as I will possibly still be using the factory amp? What "extra" wires are you referring to and why can they be "merged" with the "other power and ground wires".

Also, what are the color codes for the Sonata and why do I need them if I have the proper harness from Scosche?

Thanks very much for you help as I am a newbie at car stereo, especially on a Hyundai. ;)

John :liebe011:

·
Registered
3 Posts
HI, I have a 2006 Hyundai Sonata and the CD player went out, so I decided to by an aftermarket radio/CD player and put it in myself. Got the harness ( for a Sony) and the Scosche harness. The directions all talk about the normal stuff, but there is one it does not talk about. It is the one marked "Rem Out Max 0.4A" in the photo. It is blue and white. If it is not hooked up to either the blue/white from the Scosche or solid blue, you will get no sound. I got this from a guy that installs them at Best Buy.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just put in an Alpine CDE 121 bought from Crutchfield. It came with the head unit,harness, and kit all for $99 including tax and shipping. My 2003 Sonata factory radio was a piece of junk. I put in new rear speakers a few years ago but its the head unit that made the difference. It came with very detailed instructions. This was the first time I did a radio installation. It took me a total of 2 hours. Next time, I'd be able to do the whole job in 30 minutes, including the wiring. The guy at the shop wanted $150 for installation.

·
Registered
1 Posts
02 hyundai sonata radio problem

HI, I have a 2006 Hyundai Sonata and the CD player went out, so I decided to by an aftermarket radio/CD player and put it in myself. Got the harness ( for a Sony) and the Scosche harness. The directions all talk about the normal stuff, but there is one it does not talk about. It is the one marked "Rem Out Max 0.4A" in the photo. It is blue and white. If it is not hooked up to either the blue/white from the Scosche or solid blue, you will get no sound. I got this from a guy that installs them at Best Buy.
Omg you are a life saver! I was about ready to have my radio kiss the curb if I hadn't found your post

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you!!

My husband installed TWO different aftermarket stereos in my car today, and we just couldn't get the sound to work (he is sooooo patient), and I stumbled across this forum when he told me the problem, and was able to search within the forum for our problem, found the above quote and it worked!!! Thank you again for the help!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have 2003 Sonata having the same issues. I hooked the blue/white wires together and solid blue in with the blue/white wires. Found out the solid blue controls the power antenna and blue/white was for the factory amp located in the trunk. Driving down the road yesterday the radio came on for like 10 seconds. Does this sound like an issue to the factory amp and if so by bypassing the amp it should fix the problem. An if that is the case does anyone have the wiring diagram for the amp plugs so I can bypass the amp?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts