Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a source for heated leather front seats for a 2009 Sonata?

I live in Dayton, OH.

The dealer says they can replace them for $1000.00. I would like to find a comparison so I can see if that is a fair price.

Thanks
Richard

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (Richard W Jordan @ Nov 8 2010, 05:02 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=370000
Does anyone know of a source for heated leather front seats for a 2009 Sonata?

I live in Dayton, OH.

The dealer says they can replace them for $1000.00. I would like to find a comparison so I can see if that is a fair price.

Thanks
Richard

Due to the fact the seats is equiped with side airbags (see them little tags hanging of the seat back there when you open the doors front and rear),,,, you will want to use factory seat covering to be sure that if you needed the proper deployment of the side bags, the factory seat covers will allow the bag to exit the covering and inflate properly... other wise you would in simple terms be wrapping the airbag up like a big snake wraps around its' prey trapping it inside..

The pics are of the SRS Side airbag squib on the side of an AZERA seat back frame and me holding a "LIVE" bag being moved to new seat frame..

Attachments

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
A local auto trim shop here installs heaters in both front seats with switches for $150.00. They pull up the seat cover and install the heating elements under then reinstall the cover. I'm thinking about doing my 06 this way....just thinking though.

·
Registered
168 Posts
$1000 is crazy, thats the same price I was quoted to convert the whole car (front & rear) from cloth to leather, and install heated front seats.

A DIY kit for one seat costs around $90-$120. If you can find a shop doing the whole thing for $150/seat (as mentioned above), thats a great deal. I think I've seen an ad for a similar price in my local newspaper.

·
Registered
153 Posts
A local auto trim shop here installs heaters in both front seats with switches for $150.00. They pull up the seat cover and install the heating elements under then reinstall the cover. I'm thinking about doing my 06 this way....just thinking though.
Did you end up doing them ?
I have factory heated seats but they are dying and looking into this to reaplace them

1 - 6 of 6 Posts