Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Hmmm, looks pretty cool and make sure you read the description properly as the pricing are for 1 set 2 pieces and I’m assuming you will need 2 sets for total of 4 pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
This guy has em: @dtx_sonata on IG

https://instagram.com/dtx_sonata?igshid=p48emybiw9ae

personally I didn’t pay them much attention when they first popped up around 6 weeks ago because I Could only find the smoke/clear/gray style, but now that you’ve shown the red I am interested. I’m pretty sure the pricing is for the entire set (2 sides, 4 pieces) as another person on Instagram said they would sell the entire thing for $300, but without a real eBay ad or website, I ignored it. I’ll definitely pick a set up in red for myself sometime in the future

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hmmm, looks pretty cool and make sure you read the description properly as the pricing are for 1 set 2 pieces and I’m assuming you will need 2 sets for total of 4 pieces
It is a complete set with a total of 4 pieces for both left and right side.

This guy has em: @dtx_sonata on IG

https://instagram.com/dtx_sonata?igshid=p48emybiw9ae

personally I didn’t pay them much attention when they first popped up around 6 weeks ago because I Could only find the smoke/clear/gray style, but now that you’ve shown the red I am interested. I’m pretty sure the pricing is for the entire set (2 sides, 4 pieces) as another person on Instagram said they would sell the entire thing for $300, but without a real eBay ad or website, I ignored it. I’ll definitely pick a set up in red for myself sometime in the future
I would be skeptical about buying off instagram, but feel the Aliexpress is a bit more legit. I've purchased a bunch of stuff and never had issues.
I actually prefer the smoke/blackout type myself, just wish my 2018 was black

Well these for the 15 and are these plug and play
The 2015 has different tails so these would not be compatible

·
Registered
25 Posts
It is a complete set with a total of 4 pieces for both left and right side.

I would be skeptical about buying off instagram, but feel the Aliexpress is a bit more legit. I've purchased a bunch of stuff and never had issues.
I actually prefer the smoke/blackout type myself, just wish my 2018 was black

The 2015 has different tails so these would not be compatible
I have seen on there website saying there have for the 15-18

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll be the guinea pig for this one. Just pulled the trigger and ordered a smoke set which will be coming on the slow boat from China. ETA is 1 month. Will report back on specs and functionality once they arrive.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You are welcome. Gotta take one for the team!
Hope it all works out, i.e. is truly plug/play and quality/fitment is spot on.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Only LED bulbs, most of which won't last. I did not come across any full LED tail light assemblies, and if they did, they'd be pricey.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You are welcome. Gotta take one for the team!
Hope it all works out, i.e. is truly plug/play and quality/fitment is spot on.
So, I too decided to take the plunge and order a set, after missing my leds from a prior vehicle and...

C58224D0-A0A0-4DA1-BC54-AD6D30B45B36.jpeg B3FA15C9-4BCE-4C99-89B5-500AAF42654B.jpeg

Not bad! Fitment is great and truly plug and play. Should only take about 30 minutes to an hour tops to install.

Only did a quick run through with them, since I have to work in the morning, but the only downside I’m seeing, is the light is so intense, that when I put it in reverse, it seems to overpower the camera sensor, making it a bit difficult to see. It’s also raining at the moment, so I’ll test some more, in case that’s a factor, hopefully before the weekend.

I’ll also throw up some more pics and a video as soon as I can.

·
Registered
109 Posts
So, I too decided to take the plunge and order a set, after missing my leds from a prior vehicle and...

View attachment 443949 View attachment 443950 View attachment 443949 View attachment 443950

Not bad! Fitment is great and truly plug and play. Should only take about 30 minutes to an hour tops to install.

Only did a quick run through with them, since I have to work in the morning, but the only downside I’m seeing, is the light is so intense, that when I put it in reverse, it seems to overpower the camera sensor, making it a bit difficult to see. It’s also raining at the moment, so I’ll test some more, in case that’s a factor, hopefully before the weekend.

View attachment 443949 View attachment 443950 View attachment 443949 View attachment 443950

Will these LED taillights ft the 18/19' Sonata's?.. I like that style compared to the OEM ones!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@ Dabluest

Awesome, thanks for sharing and I'm really glad it was a straight forward plug and play. It's not always clear if these will work out when ordering from overseas. Hopefully mine will be arriving in the next week.

Got a few questions:
1. Did you need to fully remove the rear bumper to install?
2. Does the LED sequential turn signal require load resistors, or are they built in?
3. Did you source them from AliExpress?

Please post more pics and videos if you can. I really would like to see how the animation looks when the lights are initially turned on.

thanks again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Will these LED taillights ft the 18/19' Sonata's?.. I like that style compared to the OEM ones!
Yes. These fit 18/19 year model. Mine is 2018.

@ Dabluest

Awesome, thanks for sharing and I'm really glad it was a straight forward plug and play. It's not always clear if these will work out when ordering from overseas. Hopefully mine will be arriving in the next week.

Got a few questions:
1. Did you need to fully remove the rear bumper to install?
2. Does the LED sequential turn signal require load resistors, or are they built in?
3. Did you source them from AliExpress?

Please post more pics and videos if you can. I really would like to see how the animation looks when the lights are initially turned on.

thanks again.
You're welcome. Thanks for the inspiration!

To answer your questions:
- No need to remove the bumper. Just pop off the clips holding the trunk lid liner and remove the small carpeted cover in the lower trunk corner to gain access to the lights. Use a 10mm socket to unbolt the lights, unclip the wire harness, remove old lights and install new ones. There's an included wire harness that will connect to both lights that's easy to route behind the liners. Really easy install (they also include picture instructions).

- Resistors are built in.

- Yes, I got mine from AliExpress. Took about a little over a week to arrive.

I'll definitely post some day/night pics and a video of the start-up animation as soon as I can.

Good luck and can't wait to see your smoked version.

Cheers.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes. These fit 18/19 year model. Mine is 2018.

You're welcome. Thanks for the inspiration!

To answer your questions:
- No need to remove the bumper. Just pop off the clips holding the trunk lid liner and remove the small carpeted cover in the lower trunk corner to gain access to the lights. Use a 10mm socket to unbolt the lights, unclip the wire harness, remove old lights and install new ones. There's an included wire harness that will connect to both lights that's easy to route behind the liners. Really easy install (they also include picture instructions).

- Resistors are built in.

- Yes, I got mine from AliExpress. Took about a little over a week to arrive.

I'll definitely post some day/night pics and a video of the start-up animation as soon as I can.

Good luck and can't wait to see your smoked version.

Cheers.
Excellent, glad to hear the install is easy and all hardware is included. You're shipping was very fast. It's been almost two weeks since I ordered. Hope they will arrive soon. I am eager to get these on. Looking forward to your pics/videos. I'll do the same once complete.

·
Registered
845 Posts
1 - 20 of 39 Posts