Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,286 Posts
I have this same kit for my front seats but with separate dials. IT GETS WARM!!! Very good kit and its trimmable, so you can make sure your seat fabric goes back down over them.

Our front seats probably differ a bit from the backs but I remember the fronts did not use hog rings just velcro strips to hold the seat foam to the cover. Adding the heaters is a really easy job on our cars.

NOTE: You will need to trim these to accommodate the strips passing through them. Also cover the ends of the cut heater wires with black tape.

Also I noticed you said these are for the kiddies. Like I said above, these get VERY HOT. I have never had mine above 3.5 and I am cold blooded. Maybe you would rather get a kit that has the HI/LO style buttons to protect your little ones' bums from getting scorched...

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
A simple heating element is what is in most all factory heated seats . . . If fire concerns you, keep in mind those rear seats and your kids are inches away from an 18.5 gallon gasoline tank (with an electric fuel pump). My point is that Adogg9626's warning about how hot they get is a much more valid concern than fire.

I'd like the ability to control the rear seat heaters from the front-- on my Ltd. is would be easy for people to leave the switch ON. However since no body has ever ridden in the rear seat, I don't worry about it.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,286 Posts
Very valid point, Rick-F. That is the other thing I would caution you about when having this installed or installing yourself---make sure its to a switched 12V circuit. I have mine done that way but that was after the initial install.

The need for a warm hiney almost cost me my battery. LOL

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Adogg9626 thanks for the heads up. I liked the simplicity of one switch but it is a good point to consider. I have a blank spot in the back of the center console where the rear wents would be on the limited and i wanted to place it there. The hi/Lo switch could be easily kicked on with their restless feet where the dial is probably not going to turn up or down as easily.

Rick-F true about the tank but since I did not install that one I do not worry about it being wrong :)

Thank you everyone

1 - 5 of 5 Posts