Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive installed a Kenwood KMM-BT304 headunit in my 08 Getz, used the aerpro harnesses And i was told i would need a steering wheel control adapter but for the life of me dont know which one i need or how to install it, when i did remove the original headunit i did leave 2 wires on a harness disconnected so my guess is that is the steering wheel controls but if anyone could reccomend an adapter that would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
95 Posts
You need one of these adaptors apparently I haven't done it yet but I will eventually these another thread that talks about how to wire these adaptors

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ive installed a Kenwood KMM-BT304 headunit in my 08 Getz, used the aerpro harnesses And i was told i would need a steering wheel control adapter but for the life of me dont know which one i need or how to install it, when i did remove the original headunit i did leave 2 wires on a harness disconnected so my guess is that is the steering wheel controls but if anyone could reccomend an adapter that would be great.

Thanks
Check the pdf file View attachment getz.pdf

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Thanks
Check the pdf file View attachment 413551

Thank you!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have just purchased one of these Kenwood media boxes as well. Awaiting on the Aeropro leads to come in. The young lady at Supercheap Auto (Aust) was wonderful and brought it up on the computer and showed me what was suggested. Kenwood to ISO then ISO to Hyundai Kit with Steering control plug included.
And why I felt the need to respond was because it was $50, The $130 pikky shown appears drastically overpriced, especially when the head unit itself is on special at the moment for $119.

Regards

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have just purchased one of these Kenwood media boxes as well. Awaiting on the Aeropro leads to come in. The young lady at Supercheap Auto (Aust) was wonderful and brought it up on the computer and showed me what was suggested. Kenwood to ISO then ISO to Hyundai Kit with Steering control plug included.
And why I felt the need to respond was because it was $50, The $130 pikky shown appears drastically overpriced, especially when the head unit itself is on special at the moment for $119.

Regards
Oh wow! I haven't come across that harness before, would you mind sending some photos of it, or the brand/model number as I might use it in my Getz. Cheers

·
Registered
19 Posts
Kenwood to Iso (with patch lead) Aeropro APP9KE5 supercheap #SP079999
Iso to Hyundai,Kia Aeropro APP085 supercheap #SP070599

This is what I have paid for, until I get em and install I can't vouch they do the job.

Regards

·
Registered
95 Posts
Kenwood to Iso (with patch lead) Aeropro APP9KE5 supercheap #SP079999
Iso to Hyundai,Kia Aeropro APP085 supercheap #SP070599

This is what I have paid for, until I get em and install I can't vouch they do the job.

Regards
Awesome man, let us know how it goes :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hyundai to Iso, Iso to Kenwood all OK.
Patch lead for steering controls, not plug and play.
Will need to spend time reading the earlier posts to assess a method to get steering controls operational.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hyundai to Iso, Iso to Kenwood all OK.
Patch lead for steering controls, not plug and play.
Will need to spend time reading the earlier posts to assess a method to get steering controls operational.
****! I'll attach a photo of the harness I used to get it working, I picked it up from super cheap auto for cost price, I think it was like $90 as it had already been opened so maybe you could find it cheaper online?

Axxess aswc-1 is the name of the harness

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks for the help. Bit too expensive and complicated at this stage.
I read yours and the aswc site stuff, maybe when I'm really bored.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys I work for TDJ the manufacture and wholesaler of Aerpro parts and randomly stumbled onto this old thread. If you are still looking for advice to install and program the ASWC1 into the Getz please use the following manual - https://tdj.com.au/firmware/ASWC1%20Fitting%20Guides/ASWC1%20Hyundai%20Getz.pdf

As the aswc1 is an expensive product because of its versatility and functionality with more difficult cars you can retain steering controls without it. You need to have purchased an aftermarket radio that can accept steering wheel control programming. Which is quite uncommon for single din radios.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have that aswc1 adaptor from axxess? I cant find a grounding spot around the stereo area? Can anyone help please?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I have tried all those instructions at first i thought it was ny headunit so i bought a sony one instead that has the actual jack port for the harness to plug into instead of the wire, i follow the instructions but it just continues to flash green and red and not a solid green or solid red

1 - 20 of 21 Posts