Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I wasn't considering this route but now I am and don't even know if this is possible but if I were to replace the factory head unit does anyone know of one that I can maintain the steering wheel controls and still utilize my backup camera (OTHER THAN UNAVI)? I'm also not looking to break the bank as well, less than $500. I've been searching crutchfield but seems non of them utilize a backup camera from what I saw. Thanks in advance! ^_^

·
Registered
581 Posts
I'm not sure you would be able to find one in that price range. The car audio market has somewhat fizzled over the past few years due to complex factory head units. BestBuy in Canada has removed itself from car audio products and installs due to this complexity and customer vehicle damage issues with wiring and control interfaces. Let us know if you find something affordable. Your other option is to install an amp with the factory deck but I have not found a compatible wiring harness and hard wiring it would be a PITA.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What about if cost wasn't an issue? Or is it still a problem trying to find something?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
119 Posts
When you change your main unit, there is a lot of company who offers module to plug into the new one to keep your steering capability, i had one in my '11 Elantra when i changed my unit for a Pioneer.
The back up cam might also have a module, it might even be a RCA plug and play!
Check with a local sound shop.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 5 of 5 Posts