Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Let me get this straight -

You were "looking around the forum for sites for aftermarket stuff for the sonata but couldn't find any good ones around..."

and you didn't see any mention of any place where folks have been getting aftermarket "stuff" for their 2011 Sonata?

Um, OK.

:unsure:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Lol...welcome to the forums.

Besides Koreanautoimports, there's also sharkracing.com (that sponsors this board too).

Maybe you gotta look a little harder :) If you go to the topic index, there's even a link to an old post about FlyingAces' list of mods that he has done to his sonata already.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (JohnWho @ Aug 28 2010, 06:11 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=352510
Let me get this straight -

You were "looking around the forum for sites for aftermarket stuff for the sonata but couldn't find any good ones around..."

and you didn't see any mention of any place where folks have been getting aftermarket "stuff" for their 2011 Sonata?

Um, OK.

:unsure:
**** and i thought other forums had unfriendly people..... can't please everyone B)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (Rayosis @ Aug 28 2010, 08:55 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=352547
Lol...welcome to the forums.

Besides Koreanautoimports, there's also sharkracing.com (that sponsors this board too).

Maybe you gotta look a little harder :) If you go to the topic index, there's even a link to an old post about FlyingAces' list of mods that he has done to his sonata already.
thanks a lot!

·
Registered
264 Posts
QUOTE (02blackbirdws6 @ Aug 27 2010, 10:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=352452
So I was looking around the forum for sites for aftermarket stuff for the sonata but couldn't find any good ones around, so I looked around google and came across this site http://www.koreanautoimports.com/store/ind...1bbbfa404aa2bdb looks like it has pretty much everything we would need :thumbsup:

they have some cool stuff. a month and a half ago i ordered something from there. got an email about a week later that it was on back order and would be in stock on 8-6-10. well, still havent gotten it. they didnt respond to my email asking when its expected, but the sure DID charge my credit card.

so far I'm not a big fan of koreanautoimports.com

thumbs down!

·
Registered
55 Posts
QUOTE (gregd71 @ Aug 29 2010, 05:30 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=352822
they have some cool stuff. a month and a half ago i ordered something from there. got an email about a week later that it was on back order and would be in stock on 8-6-10. well, still havent gotten it. they didnt respond to my email asking when its expected, but the sure DID charge my credit card.

so far I'm not a big fan of koreanautoimports.com

thumbs down!
It took me more than 2 months to get my red YF emblem + they charge my credit card and sent my item to somebody else they are the worst. Everything is on back order i cancel all of my orders because they charge on average $25 more. Go to ebay I have bought from ebay and I have gotten all of my stuff in a timely matter.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (Robert L @ Aug 29 2010, 07:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=352878
It took me more than 2 months to get my red YF emblem + they charge my credit card and sent my item to somebody else they are the worst. Everything is on back order i cancel all of my orders because they charge on average $25 more. Go to ebay I have bought from ebay and I have gotten all of my stuff in a timely matter.
good to know, i haven't ordered anything yet, thanks

·
Registered
603 Posts
QUOTE (02blackbirdws6 @ Aug 31 2010, 01:11 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=353199
good to know, i haven't ordered anything yet, thanks
Another thing to consider is that Shark Racing is a site sponsor and the owner (or at least a high-ranking employee) posts on these pages alot so if you order from them and have any trouble, you have access to them to resolve your issue. From what Ive seen they do everything they can to make buying from them a pleasurable experience.

Ive heard some negative things about non-sponsor sites in terms of getting resolutions to your problems.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I agree Mike -

I ordered the Mud Guards from SR and they arrived quicker than I expected.

I would, and have, recommended them.

·
Registered
55 Posts
QUOTE (Mike Eckman @ Aug 31 2010, 08:30 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=353237
Another thing to consider is that Shark Racing is a site sponsor and the owner (or at least a high-ranking employee) posts on these pages alot so if you order from them and have any trouble, you have access to them to resolve your issue. From what Ive seen they do everything they can to make buying from them a pleasurable experience.

Ive heard some negative things about non-sponsor sites in terms of getting resolutions to your problems.

that's true, i have ordered from shark racing and everything has been great dealing with them

·
Registered
854 Posts
Somebody should email this thread to KAI. Maybe they'll learn something! I love how they have all the parts for our Sonata, it's a shame their service sucks.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Gotta agree with shark racing being dependable. I've ordered many things and I've always gotten my order in a reasonable amount of time.

·
Registered
264 Posts
QUOTE (Robert L @ Aug 29 2010, 10:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=352878
I understand things can be on back order, most sites will actually tell you this before you buy an item, and then only charge you once the product ships. no?

10 days it took for koreanautoimports to reply to my email, and they only stated thats its still on backorder and they dont know when they will get it. fortunately this was only a $17 emblem, so not big loss having to wait.... but there was some other bigger stuff i wanted to get from them too. figured id see how well the system works before i got in deeper. glad i did!

·
Registered
55 Posts
QUOTE (gregd71 @ Aug 31 2010, 05:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=353369
I understand things can be on back order, most sites will actually tell you this before you buy an item, and then only charge you once the product ships. no?

10 days it took for koreanautoimports to reply to my email, and they only stated thats its still on backorder and they dont know when they will get it. fortunately this was only a $17 emblem, so not big loss having to wait.... but there was some other bigger stuff i wanted to get from them too. figured id see how well the system works before i got in deeper. glad i did!

At least you got an email, I had to call the better business bureau and report them because I kept getting the run around and I was able to view personal information of other people purchases and I even called several of them and told them how much they paid and their address lol. What a nightmare that was.

·
Registered
73 Posts
QUOTE (02blackbirdws6 @ Aug 28 2010, 12:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=352568
**** and i thought other forums had unfriendly people..... can't please everyone B)
Yeah! it's almost like Apple forums, except NOTHING could be THAT unfriendly !!

And just try commenting ANYTHING about the "pet retailer" here, SharkRacing, and you'll get shut down faster than you can say "Jaws".

You are correct about the site you mentioned, Korean Auto Parts ?? They are very good and very fast. Contrary to some "other" retailers found here, whose-name-shall-not-be-mentioned.

welcome to the forum, though. Many of us are VERY friendly, and helpful.

Rick

·
Registered
73 Posts
QUOTE (eyecue @ Aug 31 2010, 08:50 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=353244
Somebody should email this thread to KAI. Maybe they'll learn something! I love how they have all the parts for our Sonata, it's a shame their service sucks.
So with a few posts commenting on negative experiences with Korean Auto Imports, suddenly they "suck" ???

Guess I'll have to stand up for them (no connection whatsoever) and say that all my dealings with them have been great. Fast shipping (which you CERTAINLY can't say about some OTHER retailer who advertises here, whose-name-you-dare-not-mention in any negative context because he's a Sponsor) and they've always been honest & current with me.

PM me directly if you want examples of REAL issues with dealers, since discussing them here provokes some sort of "loyalty-rage".

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I checked out shark racing, good stuff, haven't ordered anything, I'm sure you're all very friendly people, but there's always that one.... currently i'm looking for HIDs and LEDs for the fog lights and DRLs, anyone know how to clear out that amber reflector on the headlights? anyone do any of this? how much did it cost? thanks! :grin:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've ordered one thing from Shark, nothing from KAI. Received my order within a week, no problems of any kind. There are any number of factors that impact service (assuming it's just not some guy setting up a website to rip people off). Depending on what happens to you individually I guess is what determines if a particular vendor "sucks" or not.

My experience was positive so the Shark don't bite (unless of course, they blow a future order :) )

·
Registered
854 Posts
QUOTE (abigmutt @ Sep 1 2010, 04:58 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=353489
So with a few posts commenting on negative experiences with Korean Auto Imports, suddenly they "suck" ???

Guess I'll have to stand up for them (no connection whatsoever) and say that all my dealings with them have been great. Fast shipping (which you CERTAINLY can't say about some OTHER retailer who advertises here, whose-name-you-dare-not-mention in any negative context because he's a Sponsor) and they've always been honest & current with me.

PM me directly if you want examples of REAL issues with dealers, since discussing them here provokes some sort of "loyalty-rage".
I can only comment on what I have seen. It only takes a few negative stories for me to get an accurate perception on the way a business works. Not replying to emails for 10 days? Charging customers for parts that are on back order? Sending wrong parts? Yes mistakes happens and nobody is perfect but there is no excuse for poor communication and charging people for items you don't have. I went to school for business, I own a business, I know good business and bad business. We would never charge a customer for a part we do not have that is on backorder, we would make it clear that a part is unavailable before we even start repairing a car. We call it customer service. I would hope a person does research before they blindly buy something from an online store, and that research would include feedback from customers posted in this thread. You read the good and the bad and it's up to you to decide whether you pay for a product or service. Maybe more people like you should post positive feedback if it exists.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts