Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2015 elantra sport that came with a factory camera. Also, for the record, I have very limited knowledge concerning all this so please bear with me I have pretty much been flying by the seat of my pants doing all this... i have managed to replace my head unit with a kenwood and everything has worked great and all is well... now my factory camera went kaput and i bought a cheap one to replace it... my question is... can i wire new camera into oem cameras plug instead of running all new wires ? Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated..

·
Registered
80 Posts
You should be able to. Here is the wiring diagram for the 6 wires. This should be the view from your wiring harness, not the camera. If you are sure your factory camera is really dead, cut the wires from the camera and then wire it up according to the diagram. I think the camera power should be the trigger wire for most aftermarket cameras.

You can use some alligator clips and test out the connections before making it permanent.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
another idea is to go to a junkyard and get a backup camera from there. Very easy for them to rip out and sell to you so cost should be fairly low. Any 2014-2016 elantra with either the tech package or nav will have the camera.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have 2015 elantra sport that came with a factory camera. Also, for the record, I have very limited knowledge concerning all this so please bear with me I have pretty much been flying by the seat of my pants doing all this... i have managed to replace my head unit with a kenwood and everything has worked great and all is well... now my factory camera went kaput and i bought a cheap one to replace it... my question is... can i wire new camera into oem cameras plug instead of running all new wires ? Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated..

Can you link me to the radio, wire harness & dash kit used?

Also, how hard was it to install?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Didnt mean to take so long but... thank you thank you thank you.... i replaced camera and everything is finally working perfect!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts