Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I considered replacing them when I got the car but gave them a chance. For an all-season tire, they turned out to be ok in the wet and dry. Being in Texas, I only had one experience in the snow - about a half inch back in February. They went ok. Monday as I was walking back to the car, I noticed the left front tire inner edge. It's not alignment wear. It's a belt shift around about a 1/3rd of the circumference. Had to have just started over the last week or two as I felt nothing other than what could have been considered a slight imbalance.

I never expected to see 50,000 miles with them. I'm at 27,500 now. They've been rotated with every oil change so 6 times. Worn perfectly and still at 5-6/32nds. My plan was to replace them in February with Discount Tire's President's Day sale. They run their $100 rebate sales on President's Day and Labor Day. I didn't expect to take them to Labor Day so would have replaced them early. I wasn't looking forward to this now because I just bought a washer and dryer. I elected to replace the two front ones - which they mounted to the rear - and move the two remaining Hankook's to the front as they are at 6/32nds. I'll run them to the President's Day sale and replace them as well. I was considering the Conti DWS 06 or my stand-by Yokohama Advan Sport A/S but either would have had to be ordered. I went with the Conti Control Contact Sport A/S as they were in stock and do not do Pirelli or Michelin. Y speed rating and Extra Load vs the Nobles V and standard load ratings.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/F5rWP5K87mPVLZNq2
https://photos.app.goo.gl/jFkzqD3hAlOQWQTr1

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
The Continental DWS 06 looks to be a fine tire which I will look at hard when its time for new skins. Wife hydroplaned on Hanjunks a few years ago at 40 mph,so,wet traction is paramount for us. I think they came down in price as well from that time.I do not remember them being under $500 for a set of four which is a good price for good tires imo.

Reactions: AdvisorGuy
1 - 2 of 2 Posts