Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing an after market stereo in my 2009 Elantra and there is a wire that needs to be connected to the Parking Break indicator.

Presumably the stereo will enable certain functions only if the parking break is engaged.

Where could I find the closest connection/wire that I can tap into for the parking break?

NOTE: I had a similar question for the Reverse Gear indicator but found that others had already asked/answered that question.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I'm installing an after market stereo in my 2009 Elantra and there is a wire that needs to be connected to the Parking Break indicator.

Presumably the stereo will enable certain functions only if the parking break is engaged.

Where could I find the closest connection/wire that I can tap into for the parking break?

NOTE: I had a similar question for the Reverse Gear indicator but found that others had already asked/answered that question.
depending on what you have, you might be able to do it electronically. i recently installed a pioneer 8200nex, and there is a youtube on how to bypass the actual wire. took less than a minute

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
depending on what you have, you might be able to do it electronically. i recently installed a pioneer 8200nex, and there is a youtube on how to bypass the actual wire. took less than a minute
Thanks! A little research and yes, it can be bypassed. Although it's an Alpine stereo so it cannot simply be grounded. There's a micro bypass available for $15 on Amazon made to work with Alpine. I believe this will do the trick.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Thanks! A little research and yes, it can be bypassed. Although it's an Alpine stereo so it cannot simply be grounded. There's a micro bypass available for $15 on Amazon made to work with Alpine. I believe this will do the trick.
on the pioneer, using the touch screen, you touch in a certain area, and a diagnostic test selection appears, and then touch a certain function. done

·
Registered
169 Posts
on the pioneer, using the touch screen, you touch in a certain area, and a diagnostic test selection appears, and then touch a certain function. done

They're not all created the same way. On the older Pioneer's you move a wire, basically repin the plug in the radio, and then ground the newly pinned wire, and it's like a debug "hack" that bypasses the need for the parking brake wire to be hooked up, all for free.

Many you can just get away with grounding the parking brake wire.

Some have to see the parking brake wire trip off and on when the power to the radio is cut to make it work, and you can get away with wiring in a relay to trick it into tripping. That's essentially what the micro bypass is doing, but the wiring guesswork is done for you :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Parking Brake Green Wire, where to locate it?

Aftermarket Audio Unit has a wire connected to Parking Brake Wire of the car, but I do not know the location / where to connect to. If anyone know where is the socket/wire of it on my Huyndai Sonata GLS 2011. Thanks

·
Registered
169 Posts
Are you even reading the replies?

Don't even bother asking a Hyundai dealer about helping you install an aftermarket radio in the car, they will send you out the door...

My suggestion is to find a local audio shop and have them do it for you...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Are you even reading the replies?

Don't even bother asking a Hyundai dealer about helping you install an aftermarket radio in the car, they will send you out the door...

My suggestion is to find a local audio shop and have them do it for you...
No, I do not ask about after market unit. You will notice that I even not show what's the brand name., I ask only about Huyndai socket location.

·
Banned
6,990 Posts

Run it to the fuse box or cig lighter with a switch inline.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Aftermarket Audio Unit has a wire connected to Parking Brake Wire of the car, but I do not know the location / where to connect to. If anyone know where is the socket/wire of it on my Huyndai Sonata GLS 2011. Thanks
You can connect directly to the Parking Brake Switch or connect to Pin#22(orange wire) at Connector IP-C.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts