Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i just recently installed some after market speakers "Alpine SPS-610" and I'm getting a slight hiss at 0 volume from the speakers possibly the tweeters not really sure what the problem is. As far as i know my sonata doesn't have a factory amp.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Experiencing the same issue also. Thinking the stereo has a high noise floor to begin with and the new speakers are enhancing that noise.

Not interested in replacing the factory stereo so plan to have the factory speakers reinstalled.

·
Registered
183 Posts
What year is your Sonata? I just got a 2018 and want to upgrade but even Crutchfield is telling me that many of the 6.5" aftermarket won't fit and all they want to sell me is the component setup. Is the front a component and the rear a regular 2 way?

Did you do the work yourself or did you have a shop do the work?

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Hi, i just recently installed some after market speakers "Alpine SPS-610" and I'm getting a slight hiss at 0 volume from the speakers possibly the tweeters not really sure what the problem is. As far as i know my sonata doesn't have a factory amp.
Experiencing the same issue also. Thinking the stereo has a high noise floor to begin with and the new speakers are enhancing that noise.

Not interested in replacing the factory stereo so plan to have the factory speakers reinstalled.
Did you disconnect the dash speaker to see if the door tweeter hiss sound disappears?

Could be a load issue after adding the door coax paralleled to the dash tweeter?

If disconnecting the dash mid/tweet eliminates noise, to use the soundstage/ambiance of the dash speaker location would require cutting the highs off the door speaker with a low pass filter(tweet blocker). And, the dash should have a matching high pass filter(bass blocker).

This is probably why the 2-way component, supplied with a crossover, is probably your best bet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ended up replacing the factory unit with an aftermarket stereo. Couldn't pass up chance of having android auto and a backup camera. Hissing noise has gone away.

Did you disconnect the dash speaker to see if the door tweeter hiss sound disappears?

Could be a load issue after adding the door coax paralleled to the dash tweeter?

If disconnecting the dash mid/tweet eliminates noise, to use the soundstage/ambiance of the dash speaker location would require cutting the highs off the door speaker with a low pass filter(tweet blocker). And, the dash should have a matching high pass filter(bass blocker).

This is probably why the 2-way component, supplied with a crossover, is probably your best bet.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Ended up replacing the factory unit with an aftermarket stereo. Couldn't pass up chance of having android auto and a backup camera. Hissing noise has gone away.
Hey Eagles...Which Android system did you get? I got a chinese Android for our Altima a couple years back and it's still working fine...it was a 10.1". I'm wondering if they have a good one that integrates as well as it did in our Altima now. Pics? Links? Please? thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sure. I purchased the Pioneer AVH-2300NEX headunit, an Alpine ktp-445u 4 channel amplifier - which i had installed behind the hvac controls, and the Rockford Fosgate P300-12 subwoofer. Best Buy installed everything with the total tech package. Retaining steering wheel controls was my biggest concern before install, but everything works

Won't allow me to post links since i'm under post count, but headunit is on amazon and crutchfield.

Hey Eagles...Which Android system did you get? I got a chinese Android for our Altima a couple years back and it's still working fine...it was a 10.1". I'm wondering if they have a good one that integrates as well as it did in our Altima now. Pics? Links? Please? thanks!

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
The OHM rating of a speaker is useless. Speakers are AC and not DC. The impedance at every frequency changes when different unlike speakers are swapped. If you hear a new noise after swapping speakers, you're loading the amp or its powersupply and that noise is leaking into the speaker as noise.

Since the solution was a new headunit, which usually can tolerate more abuse than a lowest bid OE radio, I'd wager that noise of an overloaded amp or its power supply. You can easily measure the impedance of the paralleled pair of OE speakers and compare to the new speaker with the dash speaker. You'll see 2 considerably different graphs and the frequency of the noise will probably be easy to spot in a low impedance spot on the graph. The noise, if measured on a frequency meter, would match an obviously iffy point on an impedance curve comparison.
https://www.parts-express.com/dayto...er-based-audio-component-test-system--390-806

I hope that the owner enjoys his Pioneer head unit. It has plenty of good features: 13 band EQ, autoEQ with a microphone and software, time alignment, 3 rca outputs for extra amplifiers...
https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/NEX/AVH-2300NEX

Any pictures of it in the dash? what dash adapter kit did you use? PAC or Maestro?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Any pictures of it in the dash? what dash adapter kit did you use? PAC or Maestro?
I asked the same thing. He's under the post count to do that for now though. I may have to do the same thing. I really like the fact that all his controls work and the backup camera. But...he didn't say if it was the stock backup camera or an aftermarket (Pioneer?) that plugs into this radio. I've read in a few places on Android radios, probably theirs specifically, that the stock camera wouldn't work with their radio. That's my main 3 concerns, steering controls still work, Android Auto, and backup camera.

Also, does this Pioneer support wireless/manual updates to Andriod Auto? And does it support Android Auto wirelessly? I suppose we'll lose our USB plug near lighter too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I used the Metra DP-7363B dash kit, which best buy gave me a nice discount on for being in so many times for the previous issue, and the Metra Axxess ASWC-1 to retain steering wheel controls.

My Sonata is a step below the SE, so it didn't come with a backup camera, but basically anything with an RCA connection can be used with the Pioneer. I decided on the aftermarket Auto Vox Cam1. They do also sell a harness, AX-HYKIACAM2-6V, to retain the factory camera.

The 2300nex doesn't support wireless Android Auto, has to be plugged into USB. Updates to android auto come through the phone app. There have been a few firmware updates to the Pioneer via USB. They weren't able to retain USB or AUX, but they did a nice job of fishing the wires up through the bottom of the cubbie near the rubber mat.

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Thanks for the pics, that does look clean. I thought I saw smaller dash kits out there making that part cheaper. Maybe it was your stock radio version that made this kit needed. I found that JVC/Kenwood have new models coming out that support wireless android auto...but what I like about the pioneer you have is that it can support 2 phones simultaneously via bluetooth. That is a nice feature.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts