Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been useing mobil 1 oil filters since my first oil change without issues. (running 5w-20 pp.)i have one filter remaining. i am becomming more and more concerned about installing the oem filter as per the hyundai tsb.are there any members that have run after market filters that had any issues? i really dont think that the oem filters are that efficient.i think hyundai is more concerned about flow rates.please advise.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've just recently changed my oil and filter. Went with PP 5w-30 after long research. I've also chose to use OEM only oil filters. Seemed after researching that OEM hyundai filters are made by MANN. If your not familiar with Mann, do some research on them. Lets just say for my mercedes all I use is MANN filters ( cabin,air,fuel,oil). I've also come to believe that the relief valve and oil pressure is the main concern on these motors. The mobil one is good but there is a thread floating around indicates nothing beats oil filters on the OEM hyundai. OEM filter w/ military was only 7.25 out the door with drain plug gasket.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I've been using Purolator oil filters since I bought my car - no problems.

Part Detail Popup
is the one I always buy on Amazon

For some reason Amazon says it doesn't fit - but I spoke to a rep at Purolator and they confirmed it is the correct one and that Amazon is wrong.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Actually, IMO Mobil 1 filters are very efficient for dirt but flow is not quite as good. If I personally have a choice I want flow (especially at start up) , filtration to me is useless as no filter (well, maybe a bypass) can get the really small stuff which leaves the OTC filters to just sort of hang there waiting for a catastrophic failure. I love K&N for their flow and built like a tank but it appears the OEM Hyundai filters are an excellent choice at a reasonable price, about half of that of a Mobil 1 or K&N. But Mobil 1 is excellent just overpriced IMO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts