Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

So a while back my head unit in my elantra suddenly stopped working, ive checked all the fuses and they are fine so i have come to the conclusion that the head unit must be faulty, so i am looking to upgrade to a new aftermarket model, and was just wondering if someone could give me some tips and advice on how to do it. I am pretty keen on doing a DIY job as in videos i have seen it does not look hard, just have not seen any videos of someone doing it in an elantra.

·
Registered
183 Posts
If doing the install yourself.. the 2 biggest recommendations I can give you are:

1.) PATIENCE! Don't rush through it. If you scratch something up on your console or break a clip somewhere, you will hate yourself for a while because 90% of the time, those things happen due to carelessness.

2.) ADAPTERS!!!! Sure they cost money, but I definitely recommend buying the proper wire harnesses for the car. I have a 2013 Elantra and have not removed my factory radio yet, so I'm not sure how many wire harnesses are connected to your stereo... but buy and aftermarket harnesses that you need. Not only does this save you in case you want to put the factory radio back in when you get rid of your car, but you can splice the harness to the new radio harness from the comfort of your living room then when it's time to install, you just plug the two together.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts