Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I see you did the radio swap. I just bought a 2016 SE in the same color but sadly I have hubcaps. The spoiler you added looks good, you make me want to do the same. Can you please link the camera and explain how to wire it into the factory harness?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Okay, listen this way is painless, you need to buy a factory camera retention harness. Then buy either factory camera or china camera.
If you are using the factory camera buy the harness with a 6v transformer inline.

China camera, very simple install. Remove square cover under trunk lid, pop it out. Lol. Feed the two wires inside hole. Align bottom lip of camera with trunk lip and push up until clicks. You can feed rca with red cable to front or from radio back is up to you.

Radio harness. Insert corresponding plug into connector 3 back of radio. Read instructions and find reverse cable in plug. Connect red cable with yellow rca to this reverse cable. Connect yellow rca to female yellow cable from harness, you are done!!! Cap non use plug with tape.

Feed rca cable under dash, remove door cover sill, feed cable along factory harness, once you reach back seat pop cover and lift seat loosen crews, pull seats down, feed rca cable under back seat hinge and go up through cargo area cover. Now open trunk and remove plastic clip holdowns, remove cover. Feed the rca around top of rear deck , you go thru trunk if u wish, you want to reach the driver side trunk hinge until you reach the reverse light. Unplug reverse light, now connect power cable to camera plug black and red. You solder or strip 1/2 inch of reverse light cable, connect black with black and connect both red cable from camera and red cable from rca together to the outer cable to the right of black cable reverse connector.

In a nut shell, you put car in reverse, it feeds camera and triggers lcd on radio. It look hard but is simple.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That’s a night time pic, in the daytime is clearer. The hardest part of this mod is taking radio out and hiding yellow rca cable along left factory trim. Note. Camera comes with power cable and yellow rca video cable with red cable

1 - 5 of 5 Posts