Hyundai Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there have been MANY topics about ATF already - different kinds, whats good/bad, warranty issues, how to change....

This topic is to find out if anybody has changed out the aftermarket ATF and how it compared to the factory fill.

The reason I ask is b/c I just changed my ATF this morning @ 31977 miles and it reminded me of my 99 Jeep's diff fluid @ 99k. The fluid had a silver color, but was pink on the dip stick. The fluid before the change looked brand new on the dip stick, almost to the point of me asking myself why I am even changing the fluid?? After seeing what poured out, I'm glad I did.

So has anybody already drained the factory fill, used another brand, and already drained that as well? If so, how did it look compared to Hyundai's factory fill?

Just a side note....while looking at the Castrol Import ATF, I did notice BP puts this stuff out. Of course I didn't notice this in the store, but after the bottles were already opened. If I know BP put Castrol ATF out, I would have chosen a different brand. Sorry to anyone living along the Gulf for putting $$ in BP's pockets.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I'm not going to NOT buy Castrol because its made by BP. And if you don't buy BP products, I never go their gas stations anyways, how will they pay for the clean up with no revenue?

Anyways, fluid weather factory or after market looks the same when drained.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I am wondering also on this topic for anyone who has used the Castrol for a long period of time/mileage, and how it has performed. As for BP, well, not much you can do on that. they are all crooks anyhow.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BP was just a side not for anyone who didn't already know and cares not to support their business... please don't turn this into a political thread, please. Only looking for fluids, Castrol OR other ATF after drained.

Thanks

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought this could be a follow up to the many other posts dealing with changing your ATF. Those posts seem to be on the Sonata part of the board. If I was mistaken, please move or delete the thread

·
Banned
7,070 Posts
QUOTE (hoby2hq2 @ Jun 13 2010, 03:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=332678
I thought this could be a follow up to the many other posts dealing with changing your ATF. Those posts seem to be on the Sonata part of the board. If I was mistaken, please move or delete the thread
There is a general Hyundai non model specific sub forum where this thread could go. All automatic Cars have A/T Fluid, and your question

has limited value in the Sonata 4G Forum. How did it look, or how did it feel, or how did it taste... is very subjective. :thumbsup:

Plus I don't move or manage posts anymore, and you can already see this has started into a BP flamewar, and another round of

continuous Castrol comments!

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
thanks for your input hoby2hq2 BUT...there have been more topics/posts on this subject than anything else all put together, if you use the search engine on any one of the model forums you will find multitudes of comments about this.

therefore because of this l am going to close this thread as l think this whole issue has run its course over and over again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.