Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally pulled the trigger and traded in the 2011 Elantra Limited for a 2008 4runner Sport Edition with a V8. My car had 79,000 miles and things I will miss are: 34 MPG on Average, 90% freeway miles plus the reimbursment. The never ending trial on the XM radio. That is is about it on the things I will miss part. Things I won't miss: The very disconnected feeling in the steering wheel, and the overall ride itself including the road noise. The uncomfortable leather seats, though the heated part was nice. Having to fix the windows either getting stuck up or even worse, getting stuck down. Luckily I had someone who made short work of it but had this problem on 3 out of the 4 windows. And having such a low vehicle with the bad back, getting out of it in the morning was never a pleasant experience. Other then that it was a good car, never left me hanging with the exception of the battery taking a crap at the 2 year mark or so. After driving that car for so long though, the ride of the 4runner feels like such a more quality vehicle and solid ride. Yes the V8 will only give me 17-18 on the highway, but I can afford the extra fuel. What I did find interesting is my insurance dropped 28 bucks a month with the more expensive 4WD SUV. Time to get back out on the trails and explore some of Arizona's awesome back country, something I have missed the past few years...

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I'm at 49k miles on my 2012 and have had zero window issues. What was happening on your ride? Switch issue?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I'm at 49k miles on my 2012 and have had zero window issues. What was happening on your ride? Switch issue?
This would be good to know. First time hearing about the issue.
40k kms on my end this week. loving it and looking forward to the mods.

·
22,793 Posts
Nice ride, AZ. Be careful in those trails. Don't want to see you on the national news. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts