Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Just pulled the trigger on this from AutoAnything.com. It's $190.53 shipped thanks to a 15% off coupon and free shipping.

So much for no engine mods...... ;)

Coupon code for anyone interested is BANG15

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Thanks for the coupon code! I've always wondered why it seemed everyone went with the K&N or the Injen intake, but I don't remember seeing anyone post about installing the AEM. Can't wait to see pics and hear your thoughts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Not trying to be rude, but what is the point of this? Do you get a tune with this CAI? Installing just a CAI isn't going to yield any worthwhile performance gains. You need a tune to calibrate the engine and air to fuel ration to make use of those increased air gains. Am I missing something here? It does look sleek though.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Most people do it for better engine sound. Most it's going to add are 2-3 hp. I have the K&N and Magnaflow and the engine definitely feels like it doesn't have to struggle as much going uphill. I love the sound the car has now =)

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not trying to be rude, but what is the point of this? Do you get a tune with this CAI? Installing just a CAI isn't going to yield any worthwhile performance gains. You need a tune to calibrate the engine and air to fuel ration to make use of those increased air gains. Am I missing something here? It does look sleek though.
You really don't even need a tune with these since they don't make that huge of a difference to the air/fuel ratio.

I did it because I want to clean up my engine bay and remove the monstrous stock air box assembly.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
oh man. wait until you see my home depot intake write up. lol

·
Registered
547 Posts
You really don't even need a tune with these since they don't make that huge of a difference to the air/fuel ratio.

I did it because I want to clean up my engine bay and remove the monstrous stock air box assembly.
Well yeah I don't know the specifics of the CAI but yeah I understand. I had a CAI and tune on my 08 GT and that combo was a pretty big difference. The CAI actually increased the diameter by an inch to increase air flow. But you needed the tune to take advantage of what the CAI could do.

But I agree, it does look nice and cleans it up! Didn't realize how much space the stock airbox took up lol

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Home depot intake eh? What are you putting together? I'm very intrigued.
its not a CAI. just a SRI. But It'll work. I'm planning on buying the filter sometime this week. I'll let you all know if it works.
I promise not to hijack and create a new thread. hahaha

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Let us know about the new thread here, however!!!
oh I will.

I will indeed....

muuuuwwwwahhahahahahah (in light of halloween week)

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well yeah I don't know the specifics of the CAI but yeah I understand. I had a CAI and tune on my 08 GT and that combo was a pretty big difference. The CAI actually increased the diameter by an inch to increase air flow. But you needed the tune to take advantage of what the CAI could do.

But I agree, it does look nice and cleans it up! Didn't realize how much space the stock airbox took up lol
It's really different on certain cars. My old WS6 that I had needed a tune to take advantage of the SLP intake box. If I get any difference with this great, if not I at least have more space in the bay that's been freed up.

its not a CAI. just a SRI. But It'll work. I'm planning on buying the filter sometime this week. I'll let you all know if it works.
I promise not to hijack and create a new thread. hahaha
As long as it gets the job done that's what really matters. My only regret is that I'm going to want to paint the engine bay even more since there will be painted more painted surface exposed...

·
Registered
547 Posts
It's really different on certain cars. My old WS6 that I had needed a tune to take advantage of the SLP intake box. If I get any difference with this great, if not I at least have more space in the bay that's been freed up.
I wonder if it will help any with gas mileage. I know my CAI/tune combo on my mustang yielded me roughly 2 mpg gained in city and highway driving.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just wanted to bump this up to let everyone know that this is the last day for the 5% off of the AEM cold air intake on the site I listed. Combined with the coupon I posted it's 20% off!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts