Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All!

I need an advice on how to restore these without painting everything. I have no experience with that.

Do i need a primer? Is there danger of rust from this specific damage?

Please advise on products i should get. color code is Y3Y. Living in Europe (Greece).

Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
848 Posts
Those are pretty good sized spots. It is going to be difficult to get a decent looking touch up job without professional help. There won't be any rust there, the bumpers are plastic. I have had good luck with Dr. Color Chip with both paint matching and making for a decent repair. We had one deep chip, kind of like what it looks like you have, and even with the Dr. Color Chip you can still see the depression where the paint was removed. If you take a lot of time and be patient I'm sure you can get a decent result. With mine, I was more concerned about sealing it because it was on the hood. Good luck with whatever you decide to do / try.

·
Registered
256 Posts
please keep us updated on what you do.. i myself got into an accident over a year ago? and want to re-paint the scratches.. i'll post pics might as well join this thread :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts