Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2018 Santa Fe Sport Limited 2.0T AWD
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

I brought my Santa Fe into the dealership this morning because I was experiencing the following issue...

When the car is parked or driving at idle speed (under 5 KM's) and turning the steering wheel full left or full right, I can hear a thud/thunk sound coming from the front of the car.

The dealership technician had the car for a while and mentioned that they have isolated it as the passenger strut that is showing signs of it being worn/dried out? He had asked me to place my hand on the spring while he turned the while full left and right... I could feel the thud/thunk on the spring.

He had provided me with the following options/recommendations:

1) Replace just the 2 top strut mounts = parts+labour = $587 CND
2) Replace both strut assemblies with after market Quick Struts = parts+labour = $937 CND

Since this issue is not a safety issue, I decided to do noting until I do some research and get feedback from my Hyundai Forum brothers.

Your thoughts / suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers!

· Registered
2018 Santa Fe Sport Limited 2.0T AWD
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your response wd-50.

What's the quality like with quick struts? Is it on par or better than OEM struts?

Cheers!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.