Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Santa Fe Sport Limited 2.0T AWD
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

I brought my Santa Fe into the dealership this morning because I was experiencing the following issue...

When the car is parked or driving at idle speed (under 5 KM's) and turning the steering wheel full left or full right, I can hear a thud/thunk sound coming from the front of the car.

The dealership technician had the car for a while and mentioned that they have isolated it as the passenger strut that is showing signs of it being worn/dried out? He had asked me to place my hand on the spring while he turned the while full left and right... I could feel the thud/thunk on the spring.

He had provided me with the following options/recommendations:

1) Replace just the 2 top strut mounts = parts+labour = $587 CND
2) Replace both strut assemblies with after market Quick Struts = parts+labour = $937 CND

Since this issue is not a safety issue, I decided to do noting until I do some research and get feedback from my Hyundai Forum brothers.

Your thoughts / suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers!

·
Registered
270 Posts
fairly easy job to replace with quick struts yourself. not sure how much it would be in canada but it was a little over 300 in the states from rock auto for lifetime warranty. if you have room to store the old ones you can put one or both of them back on if you have to take up on the warranty.

·
Registered
2018 Santa Fe Sport Limited 2.0T AWD
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response wd-50.

What's the quality like with quick struts? Is it on par or better than OEM struts?

Cheers!

·
Registered
270 Posts
i got monroe's and they're on there for a year now. they ride good and they're quiet. i doubt they will last as long as the original but i don't think hyundai sells complete assemblies. i went this route because i know i can put an old one on to hold me over till i get a replacement. hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts